• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weetabix Sold to Chinese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weetabix Sold to Chinese

Another great British company in foreign hands.

Link

Do you prefer yours with hot milk or cold milk?

I believe they also bought Thames Water as well or at least put in a bid.

Considering their economy, how much US debt they own, their attempts to loan the EU money, purchases in the UK and the exploitation of African countries leaving many countries looking like new Hong Kong instead of employing natives more and their rise in intellectual export along side their manufacturing exports, now is the time to learn Chinese.

I'm just debating whether Cantonese or Mandarin will be more useful?

Comment

If all the UK companies like M&S and Tesco would stop importing cheap tat from China because it is ten times cheaper and lasts 2 months, I reckon China would not have that much cash to go buying things. It really is a win win for all. A gadget used to last a lifetime because companies cared about reputation but now it has become a profit metric. The consumers have been now brainwashed into thinking anything you buy lasts just a few months and then a new "version" will come anyway allowing you to upgrade.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Cantonese.

Like the food.

Comment

weetabixes are ok

but half an hour after you had one, you fancy another

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Considering how adept the new owners are at making fake versions of foodstuffs that are toxic, I think I'll stop eating Weetabix forthwith.

Why ? Eating lots of it might give you wings.

like Redbull
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I feel like a tank in Tianamen Square, I could murder a Weetabix...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                Another great British company in foreign hands.

Link

Do you prefer yours with hot milk or cold milk?
                Cold milk! Surely no-one likes hot milk on Weetabix! That sounds disgusting.

Comment

Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
                  2 teaspoons finely shredded fresh ginger
                  1 pound live razor clams
                  1 1/2 tablespoons sa cha sauce
                  1/2 cup water
                  1 tablespoon thinly sliced red bell pepper
                  2 green onions, cut into thin strips
                  3 Weetabix

Directions

Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Stir the ginger into the hot oil, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the razor clams in their shells, and cook until all of the clams have opened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the sa cha sauce and water, and bring to a boil. Toss with the bell pepper and green onions to serve over lightly toasted Weetabix.

Footnotes

Cook's Notes
                  Put the clams in salt water for at least 15 minutes to take away the sand. Then drain the water and set aside.
                  Lightly sprinkle milk on the Weetabix and toast in the oven under a low heat for 10 minutes
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Hope they aren't going to be covered in noodles and soy sauce. Anyway, "basics" are cheaper and taste same.

Comment

Working...
                    X