PDA

View Full Version : Got the day off.

cojak
4th May 2012, 09:17
And before the spectacular, never to be forgotten, lunch planned for the afternoon I'm going to peruse Harrods.

I may be gone sometime...

doomage
4th May 2012, 09:19
While the cat's away....

:tumble:

BrilloPad
Say hi to sasguru from me.

He pretends to shop there - but he actually a doorman. Look for the wimpy one - thats him.

SimonMac
Sorry as a contractor I fail to understand the principle of "a day off" can someone explain it to me?

amcdonald
4th May 2012, 09:20
I've always found Harrods rather vulgar, I've never seen the appeal of the place

It's a really a place for rich TOWIEs these days

MarillionFan
4th May 2012, 09:21
And before the spectacular, never to be forgotten, lunch planned for the afternoon I'm going to peruse Harrods.

I hate 'perusers'. When I closed my shop some lady came in and said 'Oh what a shame, this was my favourite shop to come into and browse'. :mad

Diver
4th May 2012, 09:42
Sorry as a contractor I fail to understand the principle of "a day off" can someone explain it to me?

A short spell in your life when you are not being paid for:

Lunch
Coffee breaks
Doodling
Surfing
Posting on cuk
Etc Etc

Unless you can swing "working from home" and still bill :smokin

BrilloPad
4th May 2012, 09:45

Its when you are dragged into court for the divorce settlement after the wife has left you because she never sees you.

HTH

administrator
4th May 2012, 10:24
Mmmmm, lunch :happy Might see you down there :wink. And even if there were some sort of mods meeting, we all have mobile devices (registered in the company name of course) so don't go getting any ideas...

SimonMac
4th May 2012, 10:26
Its when you are dragged into court for the divorce settlement after the wife has left you because she never sees you.

HTH

See my not taking extension thread. I work like mad for 6 months then chill out for a month or two between gigs with the kids.

norrahe
4th May 2012, 10:27

No trip to Harvey Nicks planned???

Well if you're going to Harrods, make sure to get some Laudree macaroons. (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Old Greg
4th May 2012, 10:27
Say hi to sasguru from me.

He pretends to shop there - but he actually a doorman. Look for the wimpy one - thats him.

You've muddled it up again.

Sasguru is the harridan who works at the Wimpy back door.

amcdonald
4th May 2012, 10:31
You've muddled it up again.

Sasguru is the harridan who works at Wilmslows back door.

FTFY

Troll
4th May 2012, 10:51
Unless you can swing "working from home" and still bill :smokin:wave:

3 days this week... but the fly in the ointment 2 days in Bristol :ohwell

d000hg
4th May 2012, 11:02
Sorry as a contractor I fail to understand the principle of "a day off" can someone explain it to me?A day you don't work. Either stop trying to be funny, or learn how.

KentPhilip
4th May 2012, 16:58

Oh you never told me - I had the day off too!

Spent it in the Central Criminal Court watching justice being meted out to some crooks.
17 years for one of them. And he took it without even telling the judge to ..... :devil

cojak
4th May 2012, 18:00
I've always found Harrods rather vulgar, I've never seen the appeal of the place

It's a really a place for rich TOWIEs these days

That's the whole point of Harrod's, shopping with a sense of theatre.

And the mercentitle consultant's are lovely. Particularly the gay ones.

Anyway I came away happy with a lighter purse so a win-win on my side.

EternalOptimist
4th May 2012, 18:12
That's the whole point of Harrod's, shopping with a sense of theatre.

And the mercentitle consultant's are lovely. Particularly the gay ones.

Anyway I came away happy with a lighter purse so a win-win on my side.

:eek::eek:

EO - hi son, how did it go down at the army recruitment office today ?

eo - Well dad, I changed me mind. I wanna be a gay mercantile consultant instead

BANG

:rolleyes:

cojak
4th May 2012, 18:16
Had said spectacular lunch and have finished with a free upgrade to 1st class on the train.

All in all a Grand Day Out. :)

EternalOptimist
4th May 2012, 18:17
Had said spectacular lunch and have finished with a free upgrade to 1st class on the train.

All in all a Grand Day Out. :)

:hug:

realityhack
4th May 2012, 18:39
In an entirely unrelated* incident, I too had an om nom lunch today.

*this is not the truth.

BrilloPad
4th May 2012, 18:41
In an entirely unrelated* incident, I too had an om nom lunch today.

*this is not the truth.

Removed the size and colour tags for you.

realityhack
4th May 2012, 18:47
Removed the size and colour tags for you.

Gah, those pesky kids.

cojak
4th May 2012, 18:50
Did you leave Admin with the Megadeath cocktail?

BrilloPad
4th May 2012, 19:04

NAT got in first - as usual....

realityhack
4th May 2012, 19:05

Yup. He's probably in Scotland by now.

minestrone
4th May 2012, 19:10
Lunch for me was leaving at 11:59 for a quick pint then down to the music shop to try out Roland's flag ship new TD-30 drum kit which got released this week. Wow is all I can say. When I got back in 90 minutes later an urgent prod issue email was in my box at 12:01 and everyone looked a bit pissed off. Do I care?

Diver
4th May 2012, 19:45
:wave:

3 days this week... but the fly in the ointment 2 days in Bristol :ohwell

Never Mind, BH Weekend and time to kick back :cheers:

I'm sat in my touring caravan on the banks of the Usk now and loving it :D

Reading on Tuesday, then London Wednesday, wfh Thu & Fri.

EternalOptimist
4th May 2012, 19:47
Never Mind, BH Weekend and time to kick back :cheers:

I'm sat in my touring caravan on the banks of the Usk now and loving it :D

Reading on Tuesday, then London Wednesday, wfh Thu & Fri.

brilliant - no flooding at the Usk then. nice one Diver

Diver
4th May 2012, 20:35
brilliant - no flooding at the Usk then. nice one Diver

No flooding, rivers well down but racing past the caravan window like HAB after a Hooker :laugh

administrator
4th May 2012, 22:04
Yes, cheers for the cocktail RH, last time I let you pick a drink for me :spank: When I said I didn't want the one with "nuclear" in it's title I should also have said I didn't want the one called the sodding "zombie" either :laugh

Just spent the last two hours or so clearing up the trojan that Nick found and got another hour or so before I can hit the hay. Could do with another one now to keep me going!

minestrone
4th May 2012, 22:19
Hey, you should all head round here, we are in the middle of a beethoven Vs the buggles, who was the biggest influence on pop music, debate.

administrator
4th May 2012, 22:26
Hey, you should all head round here, we are in the middle of a beethoven Vs the buggles, who was the biggest influence on pop music, debate.

Hmmm, I started by saying obviously Beethoven, but then changed my mind and now am having an internal argument about which it was. Let me know who the winner was with your lot and will happily go with that. Could def do with another drink now :laugh

minestrone
4th May 2012, 22:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4UBNBgE2lg