• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ancient Diseases ravaging London.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Diseases ravaging London.

Ancient Killer Bug Thrives in Shadow of London

TB.

Becoming rife.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll manage to dig up some viable plague or smallpox one of these days.

Last edited by zeitghost; 4 May 2012, 09:25.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Ancient Killer Bug Thrives in Shadow of London

TB.

Becoming rife.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll manage to dig up some viable plague or smallpox one of these days.

All but eliminated from the UK, reintroduced by immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Immigrantist!
      How so?

I'm all for the filthy bastards poisoning us and expending our already meagre NHS resources. Keeps the Nurses and Morgues busy.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        All but eliminated from the UK, reintroduced by immigrants.
        How so?

I'm all for the filthy bastards poisoning us and expending our already meagre NHS resources. Keeps the Nurses and Morgues busy.
        Mr Spod, I have a Nick Griffin, line one for you.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When relocating ancient graves they often have to use East European workers as they have been immunised against smallpox.

Comment

How so?

I'm all for the filthy bastards poisoning us and expanding our already meagre NHS resources (because they are the only ones paying any taxes) . Keeps the Nurses and Morgues busy.
            FTFY
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

All but eliminated from the UK, reintroduced by the poor.
              FTFY

Maybe the "rich" should try letting cash flow round the economy instead of hooarding it? Might save us from depression too.

Comment

Storm in a teacup - In some parts of the World a fair proportion of people (I forget the exact number, but perhaps anything up to a half) are infected by TB bacteria, but these just lie dormant indefinitely except in a few cases where the person's immunity is reduced by other factors such as malnutrtition or disease. Probably at least 10% of people in the UK are infected; but only a tiny fraction will ever develop active TB.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Storm in a teacup - In some parts of the World a fair proportion of people (I forget the exact number, but perhaps anything up to a half) are infected by TB bacteria, but these just lie dormant indefinitely except in a few cases where the person's immunity is reduced by other factors such as malnutrtition or disease. Probably at least 10% of people in the UK are infected; but only a tiny fraction will ever develop active TB.
                  I remember the TB jabs from my schooldays. They gave you a small dose first and waited a few days to see what your reaction was. If the reaction wasn't normal you didn't get the full jab, There was one lad in my class who reacted that way.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    I remember the TB jabs from my schooldays. They gave you a small dose first and waited a few days to see what your reaction was. If the reaction wasn't normal you didn't get the full jab, There was one lad in my class who reacted that way.
                    Surely that was an inactive strain rather than "live" TB though?

Comment

Working...
                    X