• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lawn Care

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn Care

Does anyone here use the services of companies like Lawn Doctor? I had the gardener to give the lawn a going over last year with a scarifier to remove the moss & thatch & it's now looking good.

Just wondered if these service companies were better than applying the occasional feed n weed stuff
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

We use Green Thumb, they treat our lawn every quarter. We don't normally go for the scarifying etc as we can do that ourselves but over the years they have made a huge difference to our lawn.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I just do my own......sit on the mower and I'm off round my country pile....

Peasants...
      Blood in your poo

Comment

AS soon as the kids stop destroying it I want someone in to bring it back to life. At the moment there seems little point.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          We use Green Thumb, they treat our lawn every quarter. We don't normally go for the scarifying etc as we can do that ourselves but over the years they have made a huge difference to our lawn.
          Can you share the cost and area of lawn treated ?

Comment

Tee hee... google search for green thumb bought up this little gem

Comment

Happines is a great big lovely lawn. (I must be getting old)

As long as you scarify the moss and thatch out every year or so and spike it once in a while and give it a good feed now and then it'll be fine..

You need a good drought like this one to water it every day as well.

Comment

I have heard good things about Green Thumb.

I do it myself but it is a chore and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Can you share the cost and area of lawn treated ?
                  We had a 30x20 lawn that was around £15 per quarter. We've just moved - they've not come to our new house yet.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                  X