• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disturbing statistics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disturbing statistics

Around 0.8% of my books were written by Jeremy Clarkson. 75% of those were an unwanted christmas gift and have never been opened.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Send them to his home address and ask for a refund.

HTH

Comment

You have 500 books of which 4 were written by Jeremy Clarkson, one of which was not an unwanted Christmas gift which has never been opened?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        You have 500 books of which 4 were written by Jeremy Clarkson, one of which was not an unwanted Christmas gift which has never been opened?
        Something like that.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Next step could be to estimate out how many books you have in total based on knowing that 4 of them are Clarkson's.

Here's one method : Mark and recapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Think there's also a way of estimating how many Clarkson's and total books based on drawing the first or second Clarkson, but forget that one now. Seem to recall that a square root was involved?

Comment

No need for that. I've just catalogued them all.

Comment

You could put the 4 books around the others and say "around all my books are Clarkson books".

Comment

I think I have 5 of his book. I love them all. Very funny guy and talks alot of sense. He should be prime minister.

Comment

As an avid radio 3 listener James May has been on for the last week talking about music, I just had him down as an OK geezer who is on the TV but he really knows his stuff on classical music and you do not get on radio 3 unless you know a tulip load about classical music.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Around 0.8% of my books were written by Jeremy Clarkson. 75% of those were an unwanted christmas gift and have never been opened.
                    And the other 99.2% are by Hugh Hefner, and will no longer open because of pages stuck together.

Comment

Working...
                    X