PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Bowls Debut

suityou01
6th May 2012, 16:45
Just got back from my debut at Kingsbury bowls club. :D

I got three touchers!!!! :happy

And my line and weight was extremely good for a mere novice. :banana2:

I think I'm gonna like this sport, even if I am the youngest member of the club by around 30 years.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/da/Blackball_Coverart.png

BrilloPad
6th May 2012, 16:59
I got three touchers!!!! :happy

Is that good then? Not sure I like contact sports - though it depends who is touching me.

suityou01
6th May 2012, 17:05
Is that good then? Not sure I like contact sports - though it depends who is touching me.

Looky here (http://john-welford.suite101.com/the-significance-of-a-toucher-in-lawn-bowls-a185143)

A toucher is defined as a bowl that touches the jack at the time that it is played. This could be a mere “kiss” as it passes the jack, or the jack could be “trailed” by the bowl such that the two end up next to each other, or the bowl could “rest” the jack by just rolling up to it. Another possibility is that the bowl hits the jack with force and sends it a long way down the green or into the ditch. However it is done, these all count as touchers.

So to send a wood over 23 metres on a grass surface, judging the line and weight accurately enough to hit the jack I think it pretty good. :D

d000hg
6th May 2012, 17:14
I got three touchers!!!! :happyThat's a whole relationship for AtW.

Sands of Time
6th May 2012, 17:17
I'm somewhat unnerved by this thread.

Tone

suityou01
6th May 2012, 17:19

Tone

:laugh:laugh

Old Greg
6th May 2012, 17:24

Tone

That whole line, weight and toucher sounds rather wrong.

Sands of Time
6th May 2012, 17:26
I'm so emotionally disturbed - I have to go out and get some ice cream to calm my nerves.

Tone

MarillionFan
6th May 2012, 17:29
That whole line, weight and toucher sounds rather wrong.

Youll be joining the Rotary Club next.

Old Greg
6th May 2012, 17:31
Youll be joining the Rotary Club next.

I am the ******* Rotary Club.

Sands of Time
6th May 2012, 17:36
Rotary club?

Freemasonry lite?

Tone

darmstadt
6th May 2012, 17:44
I am ******* the Rotary Club.

FTFY

Old Greg
6th May 2012, 17:44
Rotary club?

Freemasonry lite?

Tone

I prefer the Oddfellows. Quirkier than the freemasons but choosier and less homoerotic.

Sands of Time
6th May 2012, 17:45
I prefer the Oddfellows. Quirkier than the freemasons but choosier and less homoerotic.

Wanna lift my apron?

Tone

suityou01
6th May 2012, 17:50
Wanna lift my apron?

Tone

I'm so emotionally disturbed - I have to go out and get some ice cream to calm my nerves.

Shala la le la le la la.

Sands of Time
6th May 2012, 17:51

Shala la le la le la la.

Suckmyhairywazoo!

Tone

Old Greg
6th May 2012, 17:51
Wanna lift my apron?

Tone

Churchill will as long as you're not circumcised.

MarillionFan
6th May 2012, 19:02
Rotary club?

Freemasonry lite?

Tone

I was out with a mate last week and he mentioned a lodge do he was going to. 'What's the chance of me joining the Freemasons then?' 'Feck all was the answer. You've got no chance. It's not your thing, you'd take the piss'

'No idea what you mean?' I quizzically asked.
'Well. Do you remember a couple of years ago when it came up in conversation in the pub and you took the piss then I asked you to drop me off to the lodge on your way home? Well shouting out 'please sir may I have another you bum boys' when you dropped me off was seriously not funny'

:rollin: