• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How was the long weekend for you? Get up to anything interesting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First BBQ of the summer season.
    Went to a mates' wedding reception
    Set up my new RasberryPi.

Thanks for asking. You?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Thanks for asking. You?
      Started badly with me getting hypothermia while training. I now have to take a few days off as my chest injury is back to square one.

Middle bit was good - took the kids to Hamleys and for once baby bp did not freak at something new.

Finished badly as baby bp freaked at a church service at Aylesford (twins receiving medals for altar serving). He screamed ALL the way home in the car - and for quite a bit beyond. Imagine Damian in The Omen and you get the picture.

Comment

All day session around Manchester / FA Cup / evening Happy Mondays concert.

Sunday was spent looking at a Range Rover for the missus.

Monday, Trafford Centre (Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, never again on a BH!)

Comment

Saturday, chilled.

Sunday, just got in the car and drove. Ended up in the Lake District, had lunch, came home.

Monday, wifey made me do chores.

Comment

We played rockabilly in the local pub. It was gr8 fun, the bass player was slappin' the bass.

Next gig in June...looking forward to that.

I found a rockabilly drum training video by Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats....this is gr8 I can send this to the new drummer we're playing with in June. He shows you how to drum standing up, and all sorts of shuffles and variations, but I particularly like the final lesson where he shows you how to jump over the drumkit at the end of the song He does advise doing this on the last song because if you fall off stage and break your ribs it's very painful to finish the set.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 8 May 2012, 07:50.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

The weekend was like the zoo at our place.

Friday night was spent removing all the fascia from the toilet in the main bathroom to get out a trapped cat that we were looking after for a friend whilst they moved house.

1.00am Saturday morning we were woken up by a stray cat battering it's way through the cat flap. We put a note on it's collar for it's owner saying to call us (even though it was thin and had obviously been living rough) and kicked it out.

Saturday lunchtime the stray cat comes back with the note still attached so we put some food down for it (outside).

Sunday morning from 01:00 to 03:00 we were woken up three times by our smallest cat who had obviously found a nest bringing in three baby birds. The small cat got one, the stray cat got another and the one I did manage to rescue spent the evening in the garage.

Sunday morning we take the stray cat to the vet to see if it had been chipped, which it hadn't, if it was OK, which it was and if SHE was pregnant, she wasn't. We then take her back home and Frontline (flea and tick treatment) her. Meantime I ring the Blue Cross, RSPCA etc to see if anyone's reported her missing and do a quick scoot round the local shops to see if there are any adverts from people missing cats and put up one of our own saying "cat found"

The small bird was too bouncy for me to put out of it's misery. We deduced it was a baby robin so I put it up in a tree where all the robins nest on the other side of the road and left it to fate.

After two nights of not much sleep I have an early night, something wakes me up, I open my eyes and I'm staring right at the stray cat on my wife's pillow, still with the note around it's neck. I guess we've got a new cat then.

My wife has just this second mailed me - another, probably the same baby bird was mangled on the doorstep this morning.

Glad I'm back at work.
              Last edited by Lockhouse; 8 May 2012, 08:12.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                We played rockabilly in the local pub. It was gr8 fun, the bass player was slappin' the bass.

Next gig in June...looking forward to that.

I found a rockabilly drum training video by Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats....this is gr8 I can send this to the new drummer we're playing with in June. He shows you how to drum standing up, and all sorts of shuffles and variations, but I particularly like the final lesson where he shows you how to jump over the drumkit at the end of the song He does advise doing this on the last song because if you fall off stage and break your ribs it's very painful to finish the set.
                Great stuff. Saw the Stray Cats twice in 1980/81. My daughter plays the drums, will have to search it out.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I have been in bed most of the weekend, still feel like crap but I gotta invoice still!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Cats
                    Reminded me. Our neighbour has a crow nesting in their chimney with babies. Our cat was lying on the bin - mother crow came 3 feet away making a real fuss. Totally freaking. Our cat was not bothered - looked sat the crow as if to say "come on then. you might hurt me a little but I will rip yout throat out".

Our cat takes after Mrs BP - always ready for a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X