• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greece/EURO/shares etc...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greece/EURO/shares etc...

Geronimoooooooo!

Greek Left Coalition Leaders Says Bailout Accord "Null And Void", Demands Greek Debt Moratorium | ZeroHedge
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

And this is somehow good exactly how?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      And this is somehow good exactly how?!?!
      It's inevitable so the sooner it get's over and done with the sooner we can get on with the rest of our lives.

It's also good if you're short on the instruments that are plumetting
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Well yes he has been given a mandate to form a government but only because the other parties have given up. It aint going to happen. But lets say he does cobble a government together. So he promises not to cut the salaries of his civil servants, but then he going find out he can't pay them because the IMF and EU loans won't be handed over.

He's living in cloud cuckoo land.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          It's inevitable so the sooner it get's over and done with the sooner we can get on with the rest of our lives.
          Why can't you get on with your life now?

I guess we both know the answer - you like making money on other people's misery.

Comment

Uncertainty. Everyone knows the Euro will break up so the sooner it is out of the way the better.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              So he promises not to cut the salaries of his civil servants, but then he going find out he can't pay them because the IMF and EU loans won't be handed over.

He's living in cloud cuckoo land.
              At least he will no longer have to pay interest which should make life a bit easier.

Comment

I guess we both know the answer - you like making money on other people's misery.
                I am getting on with my life - and yeah I love it - when I'm not busy with my satanic rituals and feasting on dead babies

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  At least he will no longer have to pay interest which should make life a bit easier.
                  Greece is at the epicentre of a new euro crisis

The reality:

If Greece refused the money, or if the IMF refused to lend, the consequences would be dire. With the economy plunged into immediate crisis by the currency’s collapse, an even more severe austerity would be thrust upon the people. There simply would not be the money to public sector pay wages, for example
                  His message is

"Hey guys we'll reject the current austerity measures, and introduce even more austerity"...
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 8 May 2012, 14:02.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Greece is at the epicentre of a new euro crisis

The reality:

His message is

"Hey guys we'll reject the current austerity measures, and introduce even more austerity"...
                    I agree very strongly. Again in France it was the same - the vote was portrayed as between austerity and not when the reality is both are wrong.

The right way is the Euro has to split.

Comment

Working...
                    X