• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scarey.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarey.

Just did a random search on a popular business networking site, for a bloke I used to work with who was sent down for having some of the wrong sort of pr0n on his PC at home. This was some 11+ years ago.

He was shopped by his then girlfriend. Police in checking all the office PCs, and his particularly, his PC was also confiscated.

Vaguely remember he got 6 months inside, I may be wrong though.

He is now writing and selling software to schools!!

I wonder if the customers know. Do these sort of convictions expire?
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 9 May 2012, 11:24.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

What is the wrong sort of pr0n? Are parachuting mice in gimp masks allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Are parachuting mice in gimp masks allowed?
      Only if they are in lycra Mmmmm!
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Just did a random search on a popular business networking site, for a bloke I used to work with who was sent down for having some of the wrong sort of pr0n on his PC at home. This was some 11+ years ago.

He was shopped by his then girlfriend. Police in checking all the office PCs, and his particularly, his PC was also confiscated.

He would be on the register for a long time, assuming he would develop the software in his office rather than in the school playground I don't see the problem unless you are a Daily Mail reader. Give n0nces a chance!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Is this sparklebox by any chance? If so the teachers are well aware of it and many many teachers and head teachers flat out refuse to use the stuff. (It's free though)

He's been done recently for trying to entice parents to upload pictures of their kids to it - and apprantly its perfectly legal for the site to continue as long as it doesnt host any pictures of children (or something to that effect) sickening.

What is shocking is his dad took over the company to keep it running and kind of hide what was going on..

Sparklebox creator jailed after paedophile verdict - News - TES

If it isn't the same site , then let tes know - they'll kick up a hullabaloo in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            Is this sparklebox by any chance?
            No its not as far as I can see and the conviction was pre 2001.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I am now writing and selling software to schools. I would like to point out it is not me!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I wrote an app for grooming products. it wasnt me(they havn't caught me yet)

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  I am now writing and selling software to schools. I would like to point out it is not me!
                  They'll never take you alive.

Comment

I wrote an app for grooming products
                    It is disappointing that webcams don't come with some basic grooming software. It should not be that hard to take my distinguished but mature features and remove wrinkles and stick some spots on to make me look like a teenager,
                    or take my erudite and educated comments on Wagner, say, and turn them into inarticulate teen ramblings about Justin Beiber. Gap in the market there.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X