• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trainers on holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trainers on holiday

Me and the missus are having an argument. I hate wearing sandals or flip flops. Wearing trainers with shorts on holiday, are they acceptable?
    Yes
    62.96%
    No
    25.93%
    Andy W wouldn't be caught dead in either
    11.11%
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Me and the missus are having an argument. I hate wearing sandals or flip flops. Wearing trainers with shorts on holiday, are they acceptable?
    Shirley it depends on where you're going? If you're off a beach holiday you'll not want to wear trainers on the beach?

Plus, and I speak from experience, the added delight of tropical heat to sweaty trainers can produce eye-watering smells.

Comment

I'm off to Malta on Saturday, will I be taking my trainers, of course I will be.

Will I be taking my barely worn sandals, will I f**k.

Wasn't there a thread about this ages ago? Vague recollection.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        What is it you hate?
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Flip flops are the work of the devil.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I tried a pair of flip flops for the first time last year and they had drawn blood before I'd walked a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I tried a pair of flip flops for the first time last year and they had drawn blood before I'd walked a mile.
              Is it possible to walk a mile in flip flops? I sir say you are a liar and the blood drawn from your flip flops occurred no more than 30 yards from the shop.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

There are other options but this is a forum for nerds so you'd better just stick to the safe option of trainers
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  There are other options but this is a forum for nerds so you'd better just stick to the safe option of sandals and white socks
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Is it possible to walk a mile in flip flops? I sir say you are a liar and the blood drawn from your flip flops occurred no more than 30 yards from the shop.
                    I said before a mile, the chaffing began almost immediately but I soldiered on. The beach was approaching a mile away and I don't recall how near to the goal I got before I went Zola Budd.

Comment

Working...
                    X