• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rates

is £200 p/day disgustingly low.

Originally posted by el duder
    Not if you work for Burger King.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
      Depends what you do and importantly it depends if you are happy with it and feel that it is about right for what you do.

It is too low for me, but I have a highly expensive champagne, cocaine and call-girl lifestyle to maintain.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Xenophon is right; it depends on what you do and which sector. For IT support in local government it's a pretty good rate, but for a programme manager in investment banking it's complete pants.

I've seen project support roles pay up to £400 p/d and project manager roles for as little as £120 p/d. Some clients really don't understand what the contract market is and refuse to be educated. I once did a stint in local government for a borough council. They thought £150 p/d was way over the top, yet couldn't understand why their contract BAs were complete crap.
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Some market stats
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
            Some market stats
            "April brings a dip in contractor rates, with SAP contractors suffering."

That's why Milan has to work all weekends.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
              Some market stats
              1 Developer 20.17 % £29.94 £423
              14 hour day

I think someones calculator is FUBAR (or have I missed something)

I'll get my apron
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

i know, you are correct.

highest i have ever earnt on a contract is £250 p/day

for what i do, that was bloomin good.

im currently getting £200 p/day to edit html, and surf the net.

Comment

I disagree, £200/hr is a pretty good rate.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                    14 hour day

I think someones calculator is FUBAR (or have I missed something)

I'll get my apron
                    Higher paid jobs generally pay daily, hence the discrepancy (or is it discrepency before you all jump on my spelling).

Based on that I'm paid about the average hourly rate, but paid daily. It's quite a drop from my original contract I took last September, but after a month or so of looking back in March/April I had to take something and it's a much more interesting job than most.

It's a business gamble. I turned down potential jobs for higher rates than the one I ended up taking as I was holding out for more. £200 per day is a lot more than £0 per day.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X