• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Helpful Hints and words of wisdom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpful Hints and words of wisdom

Herein lays the collected wisdom of CUK members on solutions to the mundane trails we face every day
    1. Scratches on mobile phone screens

Remove scratches using liquid metal polish (I.e Brasso) and vigerous polishing.

Note: This method also removes coffee/tea rings from varnished surfaces (Heat whitened rings/areas on furniture).

Next
    Confusion is a natural state of being

2. Do not carry hot saucepans of chilli oil between two wooden spatulas as when they, inevitably, slip, the resulting tidal waves of hot oil leaves nasty scars.

Comment

3. Always pay in cash for items such as ropes & duck tape. It is harder to trace.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If you are cooking, and have hungry people, or unexpected guests
        Slice half an onion into a bit of oil and put on a low burner while you cook.

You will never use the onion, but the smell will calm them down, and they will know that something really good is coming
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

4. Don't walk on the platforms at Newport train station in flip flops when it is raining

Comment

Rule #6: Never use your real name.
            Rule #7: Never confess.

Comment

Rule #8: You understand she heard that, but that's not what you meant.

Comment

9. Never ring a bell in the grounds of a house with peacocks.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When out on dates always ask for a receipt when paying for the meal as it makes you look important, this still works in high class places like McDonalds and KFC
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Don't believe everything you read on the internet!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X