• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor or Conman?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor or Conman?

Have you ever experienced a conman in your line of work? This articles explores these themes:

Contractor or conman?

Yes, I had a conman try to convince me he could rent out all the rooms in my house to American Express for a lot of money. He just needed a rather large dimmypayment from me to set the wheels in motion.

He had that gypsy twinkle in his eyes that I can recognise from 1000 paces so I didn't touch his "proposition" with a bargepole.
    Last edited by pacharan; 10 May 2012, 10:08.

Comment

I've moved this thread as it was a 'chewing the cud' type question rather than a specific business query.

And if you are a business banjolele (someone from QDOS maybe?), I would appreciate it if you declare it now.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        I've moved this thread as it was a 'chewing the cud' type question rather than a specific business query.

And if you are a business banjolele (someone from QDOS maybe?), I would appreciate it if you declare it now.
        he's taking the mickey out of you , darlin
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          he's taking the mickey out of you , darlin
          Well if he is that instrument will end up where the sun don't shine....
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

maybe he thinks there should be legislation forcing all contractors to have permenant indemnity, and for all agents to declare their margin
            maybe a third party to monitor and keep a register (for a fee) and anyone who is not on the register is , therefore, a conman

and I think UkemyBangie would have been funnier, but thats just my opinion

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Banjolele View Post
              This articles explores these themes:
              That 'article' was utter garbage.

Surprised CJ didn't just delete your post. Seems nothing but Ad. Spam to me.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Banjolele View Post
                Have you ever experienced a conman in your line of work? This articles explores these themes:

Contractor or conman?
                Hey! That was my plan B!

Comment

even if it is spam - I had an experience with this this week.

There's a guy who contracted at the same client I did who has totally made up his entire work there, including some really weird and wonderful technologies along with totally fabricated vendor qualifications . (the guy needed assistance with very basic tasks , but has quals that should have him more talented than me). I'm 100% sure everything he says is a lie regarding the post last year and his experience.

I'm dissapointed to see that hes placed at KPMG for 8 months and now at a top investment bank in the city , while I sat on the bench and now work in a 50% cut rate, crappy joke of an assignment ...

*insert worlds smallest violin*

I hate this ... really grinds my gears.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                    Hey! That was my plan B!
                    I thought it was your Plan A and Plan B was to do some genuine work.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X