• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I being paranoid or are Google getting omnipresent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I being paranoid or are Google getting omnipresent?

I know Google advertising works with keyword searches, so I am quite often presented with ad's in my gmail account based on the contents of the emails I send and receive, however today I got an ad about engagement rings, this I have never emailed about, however I did get a text on my Android phone yesterday about someone saying they are getting their's valued.

Am I putting two and two together erroneously? Or are Google now reading my texts for advertising?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Probably.

I tightened up my privacy controls when I started getting ads for data centre kit when following links from here to the Sun and Daily Wail.

Or even the sports pages in my local press.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

It's embarrassing when the client sees all the adverts for puppies and dolly mixtures on my machine. And I dont even know what a butt pug is. honest.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        It's embarrassing when the client sees all the adverts for puppies and dolly mixtures on my machine. And I dont even know what a butt pug is. honest.

It's a particularly ugly breed of dog I believe.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
        X