• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector strike makes headlines at the Beeb. World plus dog unconcerned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public sector strike makes headlines at the Beeb. World plus dog unconcerned

Thousands in public sector strike

Hundreds of thousands of public sector workers are taking part in a 24-hour UK-wide strike in a dispute with the government over pension changes.
    LIVE Live: Public sector strike

Breaking News

The Ministry of Justice says a walkout by prison officers at most jails is unlawful. It says it is considering seeking a court injunction to force staff at prisons across England, Wales and Scotland to return to work.
    Wow. It's all action there! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.S. Has anyone noticed?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Thousands in public sector strike

LIVE Live: Public sector strike

Wow. It's all action there! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.S. Has anyone noticed?
    Nope. I'm more concerned about keeping a toilet within a 5 second sprinting distance right now!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Nope. I'm more concerned about keeping a toilet within a 5 second sprinting distance right now!
      you in Germany ?

france, belgium ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

i wish they wouldnt keep lying and saying theyre all on a pay freeze, they are on a pay escalator their rate goes up to the next level every year no matter what, they are all still getting 5% + pay rises pa just not getting a rise to the overall pay escalator , they are still raking it in - ungrateful greedy lazy f uckers

Comment

More power to 'em I say. The Tories are trying to make them work for an extra 3 years (and I'd think that the three years after you are 65 are quite important in your life where you are retired and still probably physically capable of enjoying it), pay more into their pensions and get less at the end. Meanwhile tax breaks for the rich, blatant corporate tax evasion and banker's bonuses are being rubbed in their noses.

If you aren't prepared to stand up for yourselves in those circumstances then when are you ever?

Don't get me wrong, I know there are inefficiencies all over the place in the Public Sector and parasitic consultancy firms bleeding it dry as well but this is people protesting abouts terms and conditions both parties signed up to when they took the job. You guys would be the first to moan if a client drops your rate part way through a signed contract.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I've got no sympathy with their case.

I haven't noticed the strike either, but I daresay if Gordon Brown leapt out from behind a tree and sat on me, I might notice a delay before the emergency services arrived to prise him off, feel his collar and resuscitate me.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

I haven't noticed the strike either, but I daresay if Gordon Brown leapt out from behind a tree and sat on me, I might notice a delay before the emergency services arrived to prise him off, feel his collar and resuscitate me.
              Can we keep your sick fantasies out of this please.
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Naked or wearing a thong or a kilt ???

Just need to get the image correct in my imagination.

Actually, this needs to be a poll by itself.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  More power to 'em I say. The Tories are trying to make them work for an extra 3 years (and I'd think that the three years after you are 65 are quite important in your life where you are retired and still probably physically capable of enjoying it), pay more into their pensions and get less at the end. Meanwhile tax breaks for the rich, blatant corporate tax evasion and banker's bonuses are being rubbed in their noses.

If you aren't prepared to stand up for yourselves in those circumstances then when are you ever?

Don't get me wrong, I know there are inefficiencies all over the place in the Public Sector and parasitic consultancy firms bleeding it dry as well but this is people protesting abouts terms and conditions both parties signed up to when they took the job. You guys would be the first to moan if a client drops your rate part way through a signed contract.
                  Those contracts were awarded by Labour who wanted the entire public sector to vote for them and keep them in power for eternity. Labour's plan was to borrow 200 billion every year to pay for all the 10% pay rises, unwarranted bonuses and mind boggling pensions.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

The comment that made me laugh is "off-duty police will also be striking"... Surely the point of a strike is to downtools and walk out leaving a hole?
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                    X