• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Message for the current (and any subsequent) Governments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message for the current (and any subsequent) Governments

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
    Bloody Tory.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Bloody Tory.
      Tory? Fascist more like.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Tory? Fascist more like.
        I'm more than happy to pay my fair share of tax and let the Government do with it as they wish. It's in safe hands.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          No, but they get votes this way to their own prosperity they otherwise would never have.

HTH

Comment

I'm more than happy to pay my fair share of tax and let the Government do with it as they wish. It's in safe hands.
            Communist Oppressor. Back to North Korea for you.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

You're so funny MF
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                Communist Oppressor. Back to North Korea for you.
                They kicked him out ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  No, but they get votes this way to their own prosperity they otherwise would never have.

HTH
                  CYNIC
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I agree with every word you say Lisa! Im assuming you therefore advise your clients to form their own Ltd companies and avoid paying two lots of NI?

Comment

Working...
                    X