• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you like your bananas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you like your bananas?

Green, yellow or black?

Personally I like 'em just as they are turning black.

Which is a problem since the ones sold by supermarkets these days are hard, green and completely inedible IMO.

Ditto tomatoes. And pears for that matter.

bananas must be just right - not green cos then they are too hard and not black cos then they are too soft.

Pears however must be soft n juicy - I love a soft juicy pear me!

No preference on tomatoes though.

Comment

dark yellow.

ripe bananas are a great food. unripe bananas basically block you up.

the only issue with them is having huge amounts of potassium. the first symptom of high potassium is death. though the only ones who need to worry are those with kidney issues.

which is why i regularly send my ex some. and grapefruit juice. and st johns wort.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        Tomatoes ripen fine on a sunny window sill, but to be honest I haven't seen a green one in the shops for yonks. The ones I buy are either local produce or from Italy, which probably explains that.

I only buy pears if their tops are soft.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Bananas yellow with no hint of green.

Tomatoes red of course.

Pears I like to be hard.

Plums should be soft and juicy.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Tomatoes - soft and ripe, Mediterranean style.
            Bananas - Yellow, black makes me heave.

I eat mine like an ape, I squeeze the pip out the bottom.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

AtW's favourite banana:

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                Green, yellow or black?

Personally I like 'em just as they are turning black.

Which is a problem since the ones sold by supermarkets these days are hard, green and completely inedible IMO.

WHS
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                X