• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Account & limits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Account & limits

With the Govt legislation only protecting only up to 50k if you hold cash in a bank account, what would be the recommendation here, is it better to split the money into several business accounts ?

Lastly, I have not been drawing out that much money from business account for the last 8 months, I would like to know how others draw money out of their accounts ?

My accountant does my accounts for me, and I do ask for a tax exposure estimate, as long as I keep this money aside and that of VAT, anything stopping me from drawing out little money when I need it ?

Originally posted by platforminc View Post
    With the Govt legislation only protecting only up to 50k if you hold cash in a bank account, what would be the recommendation here, is it better to split the money into several business accounts ?

Lastly, I have not been drawing out that much money from business account for the last 8 months, I would like to know how others draw money out of their accounts ?

My accountant does my accounts for me, and I do ask for a tax exposure estimate, as long as I keep this money aside and that of VAT, anything stopping me from drawing out little money when I need it ?
    It's £85k now not £50k.

Comment

Working...
    X