• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rabbit cooking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabbit cooking

Any recipe suggestions? The boy wants to try it...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Any recipe suggestions? The boy wants to try it...
    Rabbit pie old boy
    one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      Rabbit pie old boy
      And made how? should i be lazy and google a good one?

I want to see his face when he says he likes it, and I suggest borrowing the bro's air rifle and going hunting...

Comment

WOS ....

Really simple, get the kids to roll out the pastry, slow cook the rabbit with vegetables all cubed up for a few hours, add red wine. Put in ramakins/baking dish, roll over and bake on 160*c for about 40 mins. The filling of the pie will be really nice and tender.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          I want to see his face when he says he likes it, and I suggest borrowing the bro's air rifle and going hunting...
          No point hunting. If you have woodland of your own or access to private woodland with permission, set a trap and go back later. You can buy old traps quite cheaply.

Or if you want to go highway/road kill hunting, go with a friend in another car. Legally you cant smoke an animal then scoop it up and cook it. However you are allowed to scoop up roadkill of others, so one person runs the animal down, making sure they dont squash it as to not rupture the bowels and the other scoops it up. Ducks and rabbits are fine so long as they are cooked thoroughly. Badgers and other animals are a bit risky.

Comment

Was in an Indian in Somerset the other day which offered Rabbit Curry.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Was in an Indian in Somerset the other day which offered Rabbit Curry.
              I've done goat curry, enjoyed that (both UK and KL)

Comment

Savetoby.com | Only YOU have the power to Save Toby!

Comment

just roast it, it looks and tastes like chicken when roasted (and sliced). just a little drier on the palate
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Rabbit with mustard

1 rabbit jointed
                    garlic - 1 clove
                    2 shallots - chopped
                    sprigs of thyme and rosemary
                    dijon mustard - 3 tablespoons
                    chicken stock - 200ml and 100ml white wine
                    120ml single cream
                    45g butter
                    45g flour

Brown the rabbit, add the shallots, garlic and herbs and flour, add the stock and wine cook in a covered casserole for 45 mins.

After 45 mins remove rabbit pieces. then make the sauce by adding the dijon and reduce till the sauce is thick enough to cover the back of a spoon, add the cream and butter and season to taste.

you can do the same recipe but with cider, omit the dijon and wine and add smoked bacon/pancetta about 100g ( use streaky)

Or you can do rabbit with ale and prunes, omit the dijon, wine, rosemary and stock add 150g stewed prunes and 600ml ale and again 100g gram of smoked bacon
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X