• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official CUK Premier League Roundup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official CUK Premier League Roundup

Final day of the premier leage season. All to play for, both at the top and bottom of the table.
    Manchester City and Manchester United will duke it out for the premier leage title in the closest run title race in years. City are at home to in form QPR who apart from shipping 6 goals at the bridge have taken a few scalps in recent weeks including out of form Tottenham, and Stoke.

Manchester united travel to the Stadium of light to take on out of form Sunderland (the black cats).

Meanwhile the 4th spot is in contention and could easily be occupied by Arsenal, Spurs or Newcastle. A win for Arsenal today would guarantee a champions league place, and even a win for Tottenham may not be enough to guarantee Champions league status, the fate of this hingeing on the champions league final next Sunday between Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

Meanwhile at the foot of the table, Wolverhampton Wanderers already very much relegated along with Blackburn, the battle is between Bolton and QPR. Bolton have a clear chance at survival as QPR face the almost impossible task of getting anything at all from their trip to the Etihad. Bolton meanwhile are on the road at Stoke who in their last two home matches ground out score draws against Everton and Arsenal.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

So as it currently stands at half time

Chelsea 2-0 Blackburn
    Everton 2-0 Newcastle
    Man City 1-0 QPR
    Norwich 2-0 Aston Villa
    Stoke 1-2 Bolton
    Sunderland 0-1 Man Utd
    Swansea 0-0 Liverpool
    Tottenham 1-0 Fulham
    West Brom 2-2 Arsenal
    Wigan 2-1 Wolves

So as it stands City take the title. Spurs get 3rd spot and QPR go down and Bolton stay up.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Comment

Joey Barton... what a thug. Should've been banned a long time ago.

Comment

WOW!

Went upstairs for a pee and to get fleece 'cos it is freezing here and the league filpped.

Comment

come on youse blooos
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Get in The Arsenal !!!
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Feck me!

Some Man City bird just snogged me in the pub. Northerners. Disgusting.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Man City have spent nearly 1 billion on player fees alone in getting this trophy, while I congratulate them for winning I do see that spenditure as unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Man City have spent nearly 1 billion on player fees alone in getting this trophy, while I congratulate them for winning I do see that spenditure as unhealthy.
                    Reminded me of Man Utd vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final when I was in a German pub in San Fran. Sweet.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X