• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE Again

Good 100 points drop this morning and presently down to 5470.

Pattern looks remarkably similar to last year. Sell in May, come back on St Legers day.

<5000 approaching, get ready.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

REPENT YOU DIRTY SPEKULANT!!!

Comment

There will be blood in the markets this summer. I can see the FTSE breaking 5000 by July. A Euro banking crises should see to that.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Good 100 points drop this morning and presently down to 5470.

Pattern looks remarkably similar to last year. Sell in May, come back on St Legers day.

<5000 approaching, get ready.
        You cant predict future prices based on historical data such that a return in excess of normal average returns can be made. Apparently...

I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
          There will be blood in the markets this summer. I can see the FTSE breaking 5000 by July. A Euro banking crises should see to that.

Nobody can predict where the stock market will go and definitely not a noob like you. If you are so sure of this armageddonisque event then why dont you put some cash where your mouth is ? Come on, make a fortune on your future predicting abilities.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I'd like to day trade on this but don't have the funds available to gamble with until end July.

Comment

You do realise the origin of this stockmarket idea don't you?

The summer season starts in May when the flat horse-racing season gets into full flow with the 1000 Guineas at Newmarket - and runs all the way through until the St Ledger is run at Doncaster.

In the midst of this you have Cricket, Badmington, Wimbledon, Royal Ascot & Henley, all the things that would keep the people that would invest in the stockmarket otherwise occupied, and therefore in the olden days liquidity used to be abysmal.

That doesn't really apply in this day and age though does it?

Comment

I'd like to day trade on this but don't have the funds available to gamble with until end July.
                Buy Greek government bonds.

Seriously. chance there to make a killing.

Particularly if China buys in.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Buy Greek government bonds.

Seriously. chance there to make a killing.

Particularly if China buys in.
                  Barclays and Aquarius Platinum I have my eyes on. Lloyds to a certain extent. Vod is still a good deal with the C&W buyout. C&W you could take a 15% rise based on their 38p buy out if the deal goes ahead, but frankly less downside with VOD. Range Resources still good for a day trade. Plus I'm still trying to recoup losses on Yell.

Comment

Barclays and Aquarius Platinum I have my eyes on. Lloyds to a certain extent. Vod is still a good deal with the C&W buyout. C&W you could take a 15% rise based on their 38p buy out if the deal goes ahead, but frankly less downside with VOD. Range Resources still good for a day trade. Plus I'm still trying to recoup losses on Yell.
                    I could have given you a heads-up on Yell. Mrs D was working for them (4 years) and was laid off when they shifted most of the operation to India.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X