• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wandering around HMV last Saturday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wandering around HMV last Saturday

I perchanced to observe a DVD.

It bore the title "Deep Throat" (of immortal memory).

Would the assembled congregation know if this is a bowdlerised version or the full nine yards* (as it were).

*Or inches, if that's more appropriate under the circumstances.

There are what seem to be two different versions on Amazon UK, both of which have been heavily cut - even the one saying "UNCENSORED" in its title, of which one reviewer comments: "From all the head bobbing and the title one can only imagine that it involves some sort of spaghetti eating contest. Thank god the makers of this effort had the good sense to cut the bottom half of the picture out and save us all from all that unnecessary mastication."

Comment

Judging from the reviews, the two versions of it on Amazon don't appear to meet with the viewers expectations:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Throat-...7011639&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Throat-Harry...7011639&sr=8-2
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I perchanced to observe a DVD.

It bore the title "Deep Throat" (of immortal memory).
        $47k to make - half of which was the music budget!

And "the FBI's estimate that the film produced an income of approximately $100 million may be closer to the truth"

I really must drop this contracting lark and start shooting movies.

EDIT: I'm sure MF's and Old Greg's mothers and sisters will be available (after all, they were last night...)
        Last edited by nomadd; 14 May 2012, 20:20.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

I still have my "I choked Linda Lovelace" T-shirt somewhere in the loft.

Must see what it will fetch on ebay, because it won't fit me now.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I bought that last time I was in the UK. Its tulip. the first time I saw it was on Betamax and I'm pretty sure it was better, but then I was 30 years younger
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

[QUOTE=nomadd;1544074]$47k to make - half of which was the music budget!

And "the FBI's estimate that the film produced an income of approximately $100 million may be closer to the truth"

EDIT: I'm sure MF's and Old Greg's mothers and sisters will be available (after all, they were last night...)[/QUOTE]

I think it's a bit rude to mention that my mum and Gregs sister has been driving your mum & sister to clients. They wanted it kept quiet.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                $47k to make - half of which was the music budget!

EDIT: I'm sure MF's and Old Greg's mothers and sisters will be available (after all, they were last night...)
                Me too, been playing with some titles:

Stewardesses Bending Over

The Dirtbox Trilogy - A Docu-Drama:
                - Travels Along the Marmite Motorway
                - How the Sheriff's Badge Got Rusty
                - The Unexpected Adventures Up the Oxo Tower
                - Bonus Feature: The Little Chocolate Starfish (including outtakes and bloopers)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

when my lad was little, we used to sing the lyrics to 'flash gordon' to each other
                  and laugh our little heads off.

when he got older, I couldnt find the film or dvd anywhere, but I got a gig working with this Indian bird.
                  She had a brother who ran a dvd wholesale business, and she also had one of them little red spots in the middle of her ead.
                  So I asks her one day if she can get 'Flash Gordon' for my lad.

A week later she says, wiggling her ead from side to side, as if butter wouldnt melt in her little innocent mouth
                  'we couldnt get flash Gordon, but I spent the weekend looking at flesh Gordon, and I dont think its the same DVD'

dirty little minx

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I think it's a bit rude to mention that my mum and Gregs sister have been driving clients. They wanted it kept quiet.
                    Fixed.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X