• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No rate increase on renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rate increase on renewal

Annual renewal come up. As usual, I have requested that the rate goes up in line with the rate of inflation. (This is Belgium - everything gets indexed). They have flatly refused.

The rate is poor, but the contract is for a large institution, and could last for years. That's pretty much the only reason (and a 10 minute commute) that I accepted the contract.

Normally, I would just be very upset and resentful at the agency's refusal to increase the rate, but in this case, not only has every other contractor had some sort of increase, but I've confirmed that the end client actually has this in their budget.

So the agency are lying to me (again) and I can prove it.

Question is: What can I do about it?

Walk

Originally posted by jezosaurus View Post
    Annual renewal come up. As usual, I have requested that the rate goes up in line with the rate of inflation. (This is Belgium - everything gets indexed). They have flatly refused.

The rate is poor, but the contract is for a large institution, and could last for years. That's pretty much the only reason (and a 10 minute commute) that I accepted the contract.

Normally, I would just be very upset and resentful at the agency's refusal to increase the rate, but in this case, not only has every other contractor had some sort of increase, but I've confirmed that the end client actually has this in their budget.

So the agency are lying to me (again) and I can prove it.

Question is: What can I do about it?

Walk.

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekyGrandad View Post
      Walk.

Simples.
      Yep +1. One wonders why the OP has asked what can he do. Obviously though he's in his comfort zone and doesnt want to walk. If that's the case, why did he ask?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by jezosaurus View Post
        AQuestion is: What can I do about it?
        Why are you asking the agency for a rate increase? Speak to the client - you work for them not the agency...
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Why are you asking the agency for a rate increase? Speak to the client - you work for them not the agency...
          An interesting perspective.

All rate increases I've ever had started with telling the agency - I want more money.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            An interesting perspective.

All rate increases I've ever had started with telling the agency - I want more money.
            It depends on how the renewal is approached.

With me, client approached me directly and asked me if I'd be interested in a renewal. I said I was enjoying the work, but wasn't happy with the rate, so any renewal would be dependent on ££££. Then left it to him and the agent to fight about.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              It depends on how the renewal is approached.

With me, client approached me directly and asked me if I'd be interested in a renewal. I said I was enjoying the work, but wasn't happy with the rate, so any renewal would be dependent on ££££. Then left it to him and the agent to fight about.
              WSS
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Annual renewal? Expecting rate increases? Rate of inflation? Contract last for years?

That is a perm contract you have there IMO.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                  WRONG
                  you supply your services to the agency, they then supply you as a resource to the end client, you invoice the agency not the client, you are paid by the agency not the client, any rate increase will need to come from the agency

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Annual renewal? Expecting rate increases? Rate of inflation? Contract last for years?

That is a perm contract you have there IMO.
                    Its Belgium. A different country with different rules.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X