• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling mobile handsets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling mobile handsets

When I was getting a new phone the other day, the mobile shop offered me £90 for my old iPhone. The wifi has packed up & it's on its last legs.

I've also got a drawer of old phones, including a recent blackberry.

Where is the best place to trade these in and do they need to be working/have a charger????
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

MobileValuer.com | Compare mobile phone recycling sites
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The better the condition the more you will get, but as a minimum they need to turn on at least. If you have a job lot you might be best going down to somewhere like CEX on the high street. You will get fleeced no matter what, but at least its a decision there and then unlike the website which quote you one price then will deduct all sort for any slight flaw they see in the phone when you post it to them
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Put them on ebay

Comment

O2 recycle is a good bet. If features like WIFI have packed up, recycling websites are better option. My Android phone died in the sense that it would turn on and make a call but would crash when you loaded any app. O2 will pay up as long as they can turn on the phone and make a call.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
            Put them on ebay
            ^^^ This.

Do them at 99p no reserve and you'll be amazed what people will bid. Knock back people asking you to send it to Nigeria though

Ditto for dead laptops.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

eBay and mobile phones is a complete no-no. You'll end up with no end of hassle.

Much better to use Mazuma or similar. Often you will get more money than eBay too. Tesco also give a ridiculous amount of clubcard points for recycling mobiles.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                eBay and mobile phones is a complete no-no. You'll end up with no end of hassle.

Much better to use Mazuma or similar. Often you will get more money than eBay too. Tesco also give a ridiculous amount of clubcard points for recycling mobiles.
                LOL. Couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  LOL. Couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
                  I say you a really a Nigerian conman.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                    I say you a really a Nigerian conman.
                    Please send me your bank details, copy of your official passport and £350 by Western Union for clearance fee for the barrister and I will contact you regarding deliveries of your new mobile phone.

Comment

Working...
                    X