• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The problem with Germany is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with Germany is

they are either at your throat or at your feet. As the latin-euro countries are now finding out.

Where is Pooperscooter?

His valuable unbiased opinion on the issues arising in Europe would be a welcome read in these dark times (or at least make us chuckle!).
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The problem with Germany is...

...they don't like it up 'em, Captain Mainwaring!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        they are either at your throat or at your feet. As the latin-euro countries are now finding out.
        Angela Merkel arriving in Paris to meet the new president of France was stopped by French immigration offiers.

"Nationality?", she was asked,
        "German", came the reply.
        "Occupation?" the official continued,
        "No, I'm only here for a few days".

Comment

I like Germany, good job as I’m over there next week
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Giant Haystacks was a great big professional wrestler who won just by being so big that he did what he liked in the ring and still won. It was so boring that the public stopped tuning in, opponents gave up, and thus he unwittingly killed off Saturday afternoon professional wrestling with Kent Walton.

Germany is a great big economy in the eurozone.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              It's not unreasonable to ask that people live within their means and actually earn the money rather than get in debt to finance lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It's not unreasonable to ask that people live within their means and actually earn the money rather than get in debt to finance lifestyle.
                well thats your world view (mine also)

but its staggering to see how many people view things differently. people who want a free ride. and dont accept that they are asking for a free ride

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Understandable if people want a free ride, it's the twats who keep giving it to them at other people's expense that get up my nose.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    +1

People are misled by politicians into thinking that the "rich" can be made to pay for the mess that we are in, if only it were so simple.
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X