• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School dinners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School dinners

Feck me, school dinners ain't what I remember.

Son's school (11-18) has got shiny new refectory (or canteen as we used to call it).

Just been sent the menus - one for grub, one for beverages.

Top of the list:

Double expresso - 80p

A bunch of hyper 11 year olds - it'll end in tears I tell ya.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Feck me, school dinners ain't what I remember.

Son's school (11-18) has got shiny new refectory (or canteen as we used to call it).

Just been sent the menus - one for grub, one for beverages.

Top of the list:

Double expresso - 80p

That's a good price for a Double Espresso! My local soft play centre does "babyuccino's" which is basically warm frothy milk but the kids love it as they have what daddy has!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Double expresso - 80p

You should get him to stick to a fine wine with his lunch.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

My son's school had beer in the tuck shop!
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Have we done this cool photo blog a 9 year old is doing about her school dinners? NeverSeconds

"Pieces of hair- 1 (under the cucumber)"

Comment

I sat at dinner with a good italian friend whose son asked for a coffee like daddy. He was aged 6. Daddy gave him said espresso, and then we laughed as he went off the walls. I have often wondered what it would be like to give a kid Red Bull.

Lunches at our kids school are not all that, so we only let them have it once a week (Roast Dinner day) otherwise it's all pizza, chips, etc.

Comment

My daughter takes packed lunches as the dinners were not to her liking.
              She starts secondary school in Sept and cant wait for the school dinners there as they have a 'salad bar'.
              At my convent school we had deep fried spam, It appears some progress has been made.....
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Stag Nights Hen Parties London - School Dinners Cabaret Bar and Restaurant

I took Mrs BP there on one of our early dates. A great night.

Comment

Lived close to the school so no need to have a school dinner but tried it once in primary four paying for it with my pocket money just to see what it was all about. Cost me thruppence in old money which is about 1.5p.

Absolute tulipe but had to be done so I could hit the football pitch early, I was tulipe at that too so a total waste of time and money. Could have bought a plastic Dalek instead.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    At my convent school we had deep fried spam, It appears some progress has been made.....
                    SPAM FRITTERS

I had them a primary school and refused to eat them.

Though fish and chips, chocolate sponge cake, treacle tart, jam tart, arctic roll, chocolate custard, mint custard....
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 16 May 2012, 20:35.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X