• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Car

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I have a healthy balance in my company accounts, and am wondering what I can do with it. I also need a new car.

My accountant hasn't been terribly helpful (you get what you pay for!), but he has suggested that I can do this, but that I would be liable for Tax & NI Contributions, based upon the CO2 emissions. He gave me a link to HMRC calculations for this, but the website admits that their calcs are out of date.

So, looking at an example elsewhere...

1.6 TDI S line 2dr | A3 Cabriolet 2008 | Audi | Company Car Tax | Honest John

...would I be right to assume that my only personal liability of buying one of these with company funds would be £1667 pa (assuming 40% tax)?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, or if I have missed something obvious.

Look forward to gentle advice.

Thanks in advance.

General advice is not to have a company car but take a look at this http://www.nixonwilliams.com/images/...any%20Cars.pdf
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
      General advice is not to have a company car but take a look at this http://www.nixonwilliams.com/images/...any%20Cars.pdf
      Or get yourself a commercial vehicle, like a double cab pick up (New Ranger Wildtrak is a doosey and can be had for £20k + VAT), or a Land Rover, or VW Transporter Sportline Kombi. All very nice lifestyle vehicles which will leave you paying little, or no tax at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Or get yourself a commercial vehicle, like a double cab pick up (New Ranger Wildtrak is a doosey and can be had for £20k + VAT), or a Land Rover, or VW Transporter Sportline Kombi. All very nice lifestyle vehicles which will leave you paying little, or no tax at all.
        Land Rover?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by paraclete View Post
          Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before.
          Instead of apologising for being lazy why not try a search to see if it has been asked before.

A guide to searching is here http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

You will then find it has been asked..a lot.. and all the information you need has been provided and argued many many times.

Even posting it in the right forum might have been a good idea.....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Instead of apologising for being lazy why not try a search to see if it has been asked before.

A guide to searching is here http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

You will then find it has been asked..a lot.. and all the information you need has been provided and argued many many times.

Even posting it in the right forum might have been a good idea.....
            When did you joing the forum police and why wasn't I informed?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              When did you joing the forum police and why wasn't I informed?
              Have you tried searching for when this happened?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Have you tried searching for when this happened?
                Search? Get f*cked, oh, it's you, not much chance of that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Land Rover?
                  Yeah, get a 90 or County 110, or even wait for the new DC100's to arrive. All commercial vehicles...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Search? Get f*cked, oh, it's you, not much chance of that happening.
                    Let me google that for you

Comment

Working...
                    X