• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it I can't take this ****** weather anymore! How do I get a gig in Ausie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's it I can't take this ****** weather anymore! How do I get a gig in Ausie?

Seriously guys. How many years have we not had a summer for?!? And now the winter has lasted a full 7 months with May, June and July looking like a washout.

Somebody please tell me how to get a gig in Aussie land.

Been there, done that - my advice is to get a working holiday visa (if you are under 35) - get yourself to Sydney and look for decent agents like Macquarie or XPand (or anyone else with an award from Seek's Annual Recruitment Awards).

Once you're in - if you are a team fit you'll get sponsorship (skills come second imo, chilled out attitude first)

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      Been there, done that - my advice is to get a working holiday visa (if you are under 35) - get yourself to Sydney and look for decent agents like Macquarie or XPand (or anyone else with an award from Seek's Annual Recruitment Awards).

Once you're in - if you are a team fit you'll get sponsorship (skills come second imo, chilled out attitude first)
      I am 28 so hopefully won't be a problem, how is the market there for SQL/BI anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        I am 28 so hopefully won't be a problem, how is the market there for SQL/BI anyone?
        You'll be better off becoming a miner of sorts.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You'll be better off becoming a miner of sorts.

HTH
          This is not the time for humour, have you seen the weather forecast and been living in England?

Comment

strewth mate, it's hot over there.
            and the flies are lethal

six months and you'll be wishing you was back in blighty cobber
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              This is not the time for humour, have you seen the weather forecast and been living in England?
              I live in England now and it's much better than -35C winter in Siberia.

HTH

Comment

How about California?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You're exaggerating - March was lovely.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

How do I get a gig in Aus?

Steal a loaf of bread or some of Tevelyan's corn, that should see you right.

Comment

Working...
                    X