• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drachma printing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drachma printing

I have a friend who works at De La Rue. Apparently they have started Drachma printing. All very hush hush.

They really should not let their employees get drunk.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have a friend who works at De La Rue. Apparently they have started Drachma printing. All very hush hush.

A quick search shows this has been possibly be going on for months.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
      A quick search shows this has been possibly be going on for months.
      Quite possible they are printing elsewhere too.

Comment

And yet when I suggested Greece exiting the euro over a year a go I was torn a new one on here.

<Suity in I was right yet again mode>
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          And yet when I suggested Greece exiting the euro over a year a go I was torn a new one on here.

<Suity in I was right yet again mode>
          When did you say it was going to happen? I have been predicting a Euro break up since 1998 - though back then I thought it would last until 2020. For last 2 years I have been sticking with second half of 2012. I just hope things are done sensibly and we avoid the Nibiru scenario.

Comment

When did you say it was going to happen? I have been predicting a Euro break up since 1998 - though back then I thought it would last until 2020. For last 2 years I have been sticking with second half of 2012. I just hope things are done sensibly and we avoid the Nibiru scenario.
            Is this you?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Is this you?

That is my friend. I think Nibiru is bollox. No need to extra terrestials to cause chaos on earth. The grexit will be tough enough under the best scenarios.

Of course there is still time for a proper Euro central bank and print way out of this. Its a shame Germany will NEVER allow it.

Comment

Drachma is a nice name, sounds like Dracula, although it would be better as a currency for Romania obviously. Pound is a very dull name, maybe we should have a currency renaming contest.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Drachma is a nice name, sounds like Dracula, although it would be better as a currency for Romania obviously. Pound is a very dull name, maybe we should have a currency renaming contest.
                  Librae?

Comment

Has your mate noticed any Deutsche marks being printed on the quiet too?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X