• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Camera Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Recommendations

I have a requirement for a camera; I don't particularly want to spend a huge amount of money - up to 400 quid perhaps - but I need something that will be good for taking good quality close up photographs of various items (mostly fruit and veg) for a website I'm building.

Is there a decent compact camera up to the task? Or would I more likely be requiring an SLR with some special lens for close ups?

Whilst I'm on the subject, as it's for a website, could I purchase said camera through my Ltd?

Ploughs in advance.

Not so sure about makes of cameras but a couple of people have asked about cameras through the business... Question comes down to how many times will you use it? What would you do when the site is set up? No need to take any more pictures so it becomes a personal camera with occasional business use would fall in BIK land.

I am sure someone will come along and say just buy it and argue it if you are seriously unlucky and get investigated. All you will pay is difference with some interest I guess.

Here are the links

camera site:forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal/ - Google Search
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Best compact camera 2012: 25 reviewed | News | TechRadar has some recommendations.

Comment

The Fuji X10 is pretty good.

FUJIFILM X10 | Fujifilm Global

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
          I have a requirement for a camera; I don't particularly want to spend a huge amount of money - up to 400 quid perhaps - but I need something that will be good for taking good quality close up photographs of various items (mostly fruit and veg) for a website I'm building.

Is there a decent compact camera up to the task? Or would I more likely be requiring an SLR with some special lens for close ups?

Whilst I'm on the subject, as it's for a website, could I purchase said camera through my Ltd?

Ploughs in advance.
          Do not at all waste time on a compact. Its Pointandshootless
          If it is for a website or even for pleasure then always use an SLR.
          There is no lens quality comparison at all.
          Get a entry level Nikon/Canon SLR and the pics will be great.

Enjoy the fruit & veg

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post

Ploughs in advance.
            Please tell me this is your real name
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Buy an iPhone 4s.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                Get a entry level Nikon/Canon SLR and the pics will be great.
                Nikon D3100
                Canon EOS 1100D

My son has the Nikon D3000 and has taken some stunning pics with it !

Of course you can put in thru your Ltd. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Nikon D3100
                  Canon EOS 1100D

My son has the Nikon D3000 and has taken some stunning pics with it !

Of course you can put in thru your Ltd. Seriously.
                  +1 Nikon D3000
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Yes, the Nikon & Canon entry level models seem like a good bet.

Thanks for the recommendations chaps.

Comment

Working...
                    X