• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

worrying Dormant company acknowledgement letter!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worrying Dormant company acknowledgement letter!?

Hi all,

I opened my ltd company last July and started trading last august, my old accountant said he had sent off the relevant forms.

I have been receiving reminders and paye forms etc since then but today i came home to a 'dormant company acknowledgement' letter!! Which is quite worrying, my accountant isnt available out of hours so just wanted to see if anyone here has ever been sent one of these by mistake?

Could i be subject to fees if the forms my original accountant sent werent received?!

Ill sure be ringing my accountant first thing to get this mess sorted and any advice or stories would be appreaciated.

Thanks

I know it is an old cliche but personally I would wait and speak to my accountant instead of asking the question without the full situation and getting a host of horror stories that are have nothing to do with the reality of your situation.

It's like trying to self diagnose yourself using the web and finding that small rash you have on your arm is cause by renal failure.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I know it is an old cliche but personally I would wait and speak to my accountant instead of asking the question without the full situation and getting a host of horror stories that are have nothing to do with the reality of your situation.

It's like trying to self diagnose yourself using the web and finding that small rash you have on your arm is cause by renal failure.
      Very true mate

Comment

Working...
      X