• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Tickets - Rip Off...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Tickets - Rip Off...

So I was unlucky in the first 2 ballots for Olympic tickets ending up with nothing, and so have had the chance this week in the daily ticket offerings.

I have been keen to take the kids to see an event and so thought swimming would be good for them...4 x £150 per person for a morning of qualifying heats is all I could get. Have done it to get some tickets but how can Lord Coe etc al say it is justifiable to charge such an amount. So much for the people's Olympics !

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    So I was unlucky in the first 2 ballots for Olympic tickets ending up with nothing, and so have had the chance this week in the daily ticket offerings.

I have been keen to take the kids to see an event and so thought swimming would be good for them...4 x £150 per person for a morning of qualifying heats is all I could get. Have done it to get some tickets but how can Lord Coe etc al say it is justifiable to charge such an amount. So much for the people's Olympics !
    Since when was the Olympics anything other than a commercial exercise?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I got a ticket for the 2000 100 meters final for 30 quid.

Up in the gods granted and sold to me by a cheeky cockney tout in the middle of Sydney.

Comment

My business bank is a sponsor and they were kind enough to give me 2 free tickets...

Gotto love those bankers...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          My business bank is a sponsor and they were kind enough to give me 2 free tickets...

Gotto love those bankers...
          Is that Barclays?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Is that Barclays?
            Lloyds TSB - looovely bank

Barclays

Comment

I'm working in London for one of the sponsors but I'm not going. I'll do what I've always done and watch it on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                I'm working in London for one of the sponsors but I'm not going.
                You are not invited, that's why you are not going to have a once in a lifetime experience.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  Have done it to get some tickets but how can Lord Coe etc al say it is justifiable to charge such an amount. So much for the people's Olympics !
                  He didn't say which people...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    You are not invited, that's why you are not going to have a once in a lifetime experience.
                    Our office in London has a good view of the Women's Beach Volleyball so I shall be asking a minion to set up a camera

Comment

Working...
                    X