• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smells that have memories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smells that have memories

One of my favorites is Cordite, the smell of discharged rounds, blank or live.

It's just one of those things that is unique and brings back memories. Luckily, all good memories.

(random I know, but watching a programme where someone fired a gun and the amount of smoke that came off it was way too much... Too much oil! But then it made me remember the days on the firing ranges and the laughs we had)
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Mrs BP said today she went into a chemist and saw some Brut. She had to have a smell and was immediateky taken back to the 70s.

Comment

My jocks after I completed the 10 tors in 1980.

If I ever smelled anything like that again I'm sure it would remind me of that particular occasion.

Comment

Napalm, especially in the morning.

Comment

Working...
        X