• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm retired.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm retired.

Bought a house just outside Guildford for cash, in the process of buying rental property in London for cash to provide a steady income, missus still wants to work in her high-powered job.
    I've handed my notice in.
    That's me done. The rest of my life is dedicated to following my own interests and hobbies.
    Might try to write a book (in the vein of 'The Day of the Jackal'), do a PhD, dunno really.
    Maybe I'll get bored.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Looks like i've picked a good time to move out of the area then.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Congrats Sas, hope all goes well. After a couple of lengthy spells on the bench, I changed my views quite a bit. After so many years I think you get institutionalised to work and need to re-programme yourself for leisure.
      The work provides a structure and I struggle to enjoy the time off without it. It's a bit sick I know but I will be trying to plan my retirement very carefully but not for a few years yet !

Comment

I hope your new book contains the word "cretin" in the title.

Congratulations anyway.

Comment

Well done SAS.

Enjoy Guildford and surrounding villages, very beautiful.

So now you are a kept man, better be sure you keep the customer satisfied.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Seriously Sas? Well done then.

How old are you now?

When I was younger I had planned to retire at 35, with a residual income of £1k/month. Little did I know in my naiive, single years. Now with wife and kids, I have no idea when I can retire, even though my residual income is > £1k/month.

I guess you don't have kids? At least your wife has a decent job, more than what mine does!

Comment

Well done SAS.

I can't see myself ever retiring :-(

Comment

Oh dear.

Retirement means - complaining about pavement slabs being uneven, moaning about immigration, driving slowly, taking forever to pay for something over the desk, conversations focussing on the good old days.

I mean SAS you are pretty dull anyway but now
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Oh dear.

Retirement means - complaining about pavement slabs being uneven, moaning about immigration, driving slowly, taking forever to pay for something over the desk, conversations focussing on the good old days.

I mean SAS you are pretty dull anyway but now
                  So it is like CUK 24*7 then?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You'll be needing to get in touch with these people then, to get you out of the house during the day.

www.weyvalleyibc.co.uk (SFW)

Their website needs some work, maybe you could help

Comment

Working...
                    X