• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Holy Church of CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Holy Church of CUK

Always lots of questions on CUK business accounting asking if various tax forms need to be submitted if no entries etc and I just noticed this:

HM Revenue & Customs: Guidance for employers exempt from online filing

Practising members of religious societies or orders whose beliefs are incompatible with the use of electronic methods of communication are exempt from online filing requirements.
    Maybe we need to start a CUK church. With a bit of luck we might also be able to claim that paying tax is contrary to our beliefs. They may argue that IT people cannot be against electronic communication or that CUK is a form of it. Pah! It would be a religion, so we can easily counter such "logical" arguments with faith. The binary codes of the sacred Elliot 405 revealed all.

PS How do members of such religious societies read the HMRC guidance or do they employ accountants to sin for them? That's sinful surely.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 17 May 2012, 10:25.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Good find. If we went back to punch-cards we'd be fine. Although Milan can barely use electronic communication so he's probably in too.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I just sent them an email claiming it was against my religion to communicate electronically. Oh bugger!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

For me its FSM or no one when it comes to fictional deities.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
        X