• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: £3bn bill for advice on saving money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: £3bn bill for advice on saving money

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...202202,00.html

"THE bill for management consultants in the public sector has risen by 23 per cent in a year, to £3 billion, The Times has learnt.
    In the category of which the NHS is a part, fees jumped from £221 million to £998 million in 12 months as debt- ridden health trusts brought in outside advisers to help them to sort out their finances.

",

nice work if you can get it.

Re-distribution of taxes.

Milan.

Why don't they just get some permies on. I think that the public sector companies should have upper limits on consultancy which favour investment in staff.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
      Why don't they just get some permies on. I think that the public sector companies should have upper limits on consultancy which favour investment in staff.

Permies can't add the value that "KPMG" on the documentation brings...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Permies can't add the value that "KPMG" on the documentation brings...
        I'd write KPMG on the documents with my own blood for £10.

Comment

Because Flash Gordon has promised to cut the public sector head count and employing contractors helps achieve that aim .... at a higher cost ... thus defeating the point of th exercise.

Typical smoke and mirrors from Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
            Because Flash Gordon has promised to cut the public sector head count and employing contractors helps achieve that aim .... at a higher cost ... thus defeating the point of th exercise.

Typical smoke and mirrors from Brown.
            Reducing head count doesn't reduce outgoings! Take all the middle managers and execs and shoot them and let the organisations run themselves. We did that when I was working for the MoD and it worked great!

Comment

Reducing head count doesn't reduce outgoings! Take all the middle managers and execs and shoot them and let the organisations run themselves. We did that when I was working for the MoD and it worked great!
              You shot them?

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
                You shot them?
                Well they had all those guns lying around not being used for anything and it seemed a shame to let them go to waste
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                X