• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPad iPhone bundles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad iPhone bundles

Right SY02 and I are now in the market for and iPhone each, and I really need an iPad. Anyone got any experience with getting a couple of iPhones and and iPad (with 3G contract) on a job lot proper bobby dazzling price?

The only deal I can find is on Orange and it looks a bit pricey.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Right SY02 and I are now in the market for and iPhone each, and I really need an iPad. Anyone got any experience with getting a couple of iPhones and and iPad (with 3G contract) on a job lot proper bobby dazzling price?

The only deal I can find is on Orange and it looks a bit pricey.
    I remember Three were doing a deal with free iPad when you took a 24m plan. Was about £25/month

Comment

Ok. In all seriousness why do you want a 3g contract
      for the IPad?

Ive got an iPad(no 3G) and myself and Mrs Mf have got
      iPhones. She has Orange I have O2. At the weekend I moved my personal account to a business account with O2. As she phones me more than anyone it's now free calls plus it's a business account. That's one of the first things you can do. Pay for both phones through your Ltd.

The second issue is the iPad. Mine is 3g ready and I thought I'd need(want it). I don't. Most times you use your iPhone with 3g. We use the iPad for the kids mostly or around the house or in a hotel where we have Wifi. For travelling it's a godsend for sticking in the back of the car (or a room) for them to watch videos. You don't want them fighting over it for games(as mine do). For that they can borrow the iPhones.

Download stuff for the Ipad using Wifi. Forget the 3g waste of money.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sorry meant I moved both to
        Orange.

Bloody iPhones!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Ok. In all seriousness why do you want a 3g contract
          for the IPad?

Ive got an iPad(no 3G) and myself and Mrs Mf have got
          iPhones. She has Orange I have O2. At the weekend I moved my personal account to a business account with O2. As she phones me more than anyone it's now free calls plus it's a business account. That's one of the first things you can do. Pay for both phones through your Ltd.

The second issue is the iPad. Mine is 3g ready and I thought I'd need(want it). I don't. Most times you use your iPhone with 3g. We use the iPad for the kids mostly or around the house or in a hotel where we have Wifi. For travelling it's a godsend for sticking in the back of the car (or a room) for them to watch videos. You don't want them fighting over it for games(as mine do). For that they can borrow the iPhones.

Download stuff for the Ipad using Wifi. Forget the 3g waste of money.
          So the iPad can use the iPhone as a 3G connection?

Comment

Suity, wait for the IPhone 5 and Ipad 5 to come out. They are so advanced that your stuff will be rendered obsolete instantly.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

So the iPad can use the iPhone as a 3G connection?
              No.

I reckon the 3G was well worth the extra money, but it depends on how you're going to use it I suppose. If you're just consuming content you've preloaded on it then you don't need an internet connection, but if you use it to actually do stuff or you work away a lot then having to scavenge around for a wifi connection (or pay the ludicrous rates hotels tend to charge) would be a bit of a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                No.

I reckon the 3G was well worth the extra money, but it depends on how you're going to use it I suppose. If you're just consuming content you've preloaded on it then you don't need an internet connection, but if you use it to actually do stuff or you work away a lot then having to scavenge around for a wifi connection (or pay the ludicrous rates hotels tend to charge) would be a bit of a pain.
                What I have learnt in the past 2 hours of pointless surfing :

iPhones DO NOT come with iPads chucked in unless you want to pay upwards of £66 / month - and pro rata it ain't worth it.
                iPhones DO NOT come in joint contracts.
                You're prolly better off getting two seperate iPhone contracts and sourcing an iPad independantly and getting a GifGaf sim for it.

That's what I have currently concluded anyways.

And monkeyboy, I agree 3G is the law. I thought you could tether an iPad to an iPhone and use if for web access (ie 3G) so I am told by everyone who has both, so not sure I agree with you on that one my simion friend.

Comment

Why do you want an iPhone? It's Apple... just get a couple of HTCs and go for the droid approach!
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

And monkeyboy, I agree 3G is the law. I thought you could tether an iPad to an iPhone and use if for web access (ie 3G) so I am told by everyone who has both, so not sure I agree with you on that one my simion friend.
                    Yes, you can. 100% certain because I do it myself with an iPhone 4s and and 3rd gen iPad.

iPhone can create a "personal hotspot" which an ipad/laptop/whatever can use to share the phone's 3G connection and use the phone contract's data allowance.

Comment

Working...
                    X