• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So the Olympics are coming up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Olympics are coming up

We're going to hear a lot of national anthems which are generally boring and tulipe pieces of music however...

My favourite is the Russian national anthem, an inspired tune but no clue what the words mean but I don't care I think it's great done with choir and orchestra.

Any good anthems that I'm missing out on? What's yer favourite?
    Me, me, me...

Argentina's is quite good.

Comment

The Olympics are cancelled. The flame was held up so long at customs it went out.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The Olympics are cancelled. The flame was held up so long at customs it went out.
        It couldn't have gone out. Under new 'elf n safety' guidlines the flame was replaced by a ribbon blown by a fan. I suspect the batteries ran out.

Germany's national anthem is quite a toe-tapper.
        Last edited by bless 'em all; 18 May 2012, 07:05. Reason: Back on topic

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          It couldn't have gone out. Under new 'elf n safety' guidlines the flame was replaced by a ribbon blown by a fan. I suspect the batteries ran out.

Germany's national anthem is quite a toe-tapper.
          I have a fondness for the Italian anthem.

I wonder if they will play the Borat version of the Kazakh anthem by mistake like they did recently - Kuwait event plays Borat parody as Kazakhstan national anthem - YouTube

Comment

The only Olympic event I'm going to is football at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.

Seeing Mexico, North Korea and the mighty Gabon.

Need to either wear Gabon shirts, or dress up as Kim Jong-un.
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Billy Connelly's one step ahead of you there.

I think the Archer's theme tune would be a great idea!
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm with you, you can't touch the old Soviet Union National Anthem. You can't listen to it and not imagine a huge parade of tanks and missiles.

The American and Australian national anthems always make me feel a bit sick.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  The American and Australian national anthems always make me feel a bit sick.
                  Isn't the Australian anthem 'God save the Queen'?

Comment

Or Bill Bailey's version:

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X