• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A book for Wim?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A book for Wim?

The Second Sexism: Discrimination Against Men and Boys Blackwell Public Philosophy: Amazon.co.uk: David Benatar: Books
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Nah - synopsis says This is not part of a backlash against feminism. Looks like it would be far too rational and well-argued for wim.

Comment

I read about this in the Groniad Lagging at school, the butt of cruel jokes: are males the new Second Sex? | Society | The Observer

From the summary looks like the book is a load of bollux. Possibly the most stupid complaint was :-

midwifery services are described as "one-to-one care"

good!

----------
      perhaps the only good bit :-

"The biggest challenge is … tackling the male tendency to suffer in silence," says Tim Samuels, presenter of Radio 5's Men's Hour. "We're getting better at admitting to our weaknesses or seeking help, but there's still such a long way to go."

I would go further. Not only do men not communicate but they fail to support each other and will even hinder each other. I left fathers 4 justice as there are way too many men who would rather have no solution than a solution that does not involve them. Or as Matt O'Connor put it "I created a monster".

Comment

Surely the example in that article of an oven cleaner being "so simple a man could use it", if offensive at all, is equally offensive to both sexes.

Let's face it, the excuse of "I'm rubbish at washing up/hoovering/cooking/cleaning, therefore I don't do it" isn't really elevating women who, presumably are deemed 'clever' enough to perform these stimulating and exciting tasks.

I wonder who buys most oven cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Surely the example in that article of an oven cleaner being "so simple a man could use it", if offensive at all, is equally offensive to both sexes.

Let's face it, the excuse of "I'm rubbish at washing up/hoovering/cooking/cleaning, therefore I don't do it" isn't really elevating women who, presumably are deemed 'clever' enough to perform these stimulating and exciting tasks.

Mrs BP buys all the oven cleaner. But only as she does the shopping. I tell her what brand.

We have a deal. She likes making a mess in the kitchen. I like clearing the mess up.

Comment

In my house, that would be me. If you ask Ms Doodab what oven cleaner is, she would point at me.

I think the fundamental problem is that many flavours of Feminism see economic inequality as a consequence of a society built to benefit men when in fact it's a consequence of a society built to benefit the wealthy. You don't need to "dismantle the patriarchy" as they like to put it, because that isn't the problem.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I earn the big bucks, the beatch does the cleaning and cooking

Nuff said

Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                I earn the big bucks, the beatch does the cleaning and cooking

Nuff said

Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this, Please don't let my wife see this
                Why dont you want your wife to see this? Will you have to tell her about the big bucks and rental properties while she has been living off the miserly housekeeping?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  In my house, that would be me. If you ask Ms Doodab what oven cleaner is, she would point at me.

I think the fundamental problem is that many flavours of Feminism see economic inequality as a consequence of a society built to benefit men when in fact it's a consequence of a society built to benefit the wealthy. You don't need to "dismantle the patriarchy" as they like to put it, because that isn't the problem.
                  Are you offended (even mildly) by that advert?

Comment

Are you offended (even mildly) by that advert?
                    If doodab says yes then he is a big screaming Jessie!

Comment

Working...
                    X