• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook shares

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook shares

Anyone buying them? I wont be, the only people getting rich are the people who already own the shares, i.e. Zuckerberg, Bono etc. No way its worth 100 billion, this is the owners cashing in at the top of the bubble.

The Emporer's got new clothes.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

If I could get them right at opening - yes, and then sell the same day. But that's not going to happen.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Got this from IG Markets yesterday:
        "Facebook’s imminent IPO, scheduled to trade when the US markets open tomorrow, is one of the most highly anticipated share sales of recent times.

As an IG client, you can trade on the market capitalisation of Facebook in our grey market before shares are publicly offered. We are one of the only UK CFD providers to give you this opportunity.
        Take a position on Facebook now"

Whilst I agree with your valuation, I think it will go up to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Anyone buying them? I wont be, the only people getting rich are the people who already own the shares, i.e. Zuckerberg, Bono etc. No way its worth 100 billion, this is the owners cashing in at the top of the bubble.
          They had some 'expert' analysis on R4 last night, they think it's worth a 5th of what they're asking and even if you take a hugely optimistic view of future performance it would still only be worth less than half the price.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I am getting a feeling the Facebook IPO will kickstart yet another dotcom kind of bust. When it crashes it will burn like its nobody's business.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

What do you reckon it will close at?

Intrade have got it at 55% chance of being over $45. That would put the value well over $100 billion.

Comment

Weird that a very big bubble is inflating while another massive one is deflating in Europe?

Shame that there is no UK facebook. But given our massive red tape and taxes no suprise really. Let alone attacks on contractors. Why does the government hate IT so much? Come on Dave - sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  What do you reckon it will close at?

Intrade have got it at 55% chance of being over $45. That would put the value well over $100 billion.
                  Well they're increasing the initial price due to over-subscription so it seems almost certain to jump initially. But whether for a day or a week or a month, who knows.

It does seem vastly overvalued but we have two others to compare it with... Groupon has tanked but LinkedIn is doing OK.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

on the flight yesterday I read this article,

Facebook IPO: Insiders Cashing Out - WSJ.com

I suggest you take time to read it too

I was fecking shocked !!!!

in the old days, such an act would have been reported as, early investors get cold feet and liquidate

but with the hype around this ipo

in today's world

I was shocked, how this act had been spun as a kind of benefit to the ipo that there would be more shares available

shocking !!!!

read the article a couple of times it is shocking how this act has been spun

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X