• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm on a plane...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on a plane...

To Denmark for a conference. Flying Norwegian Airlines - a low cost carrier. And they have WiFi. Which is pretty awesome to be honest. Now I can complain to all CUK'ers live and direct from the airplane about the ARSE in front of me reclining his seat fully so it's difficult to use my laptop. I'd be a little more understanding if this wasn't an hour and a half flight. Seriously, what an arse.

WiFi is free as well. Not terrible connection speeds (better than most train line WiFi services to be fair).

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    To Denmark for a conference. Flying Norwegian Airlines - a low cost carrier. And they have WiFi. Which is pretty awesome to be honest. Now I can complain to all CUK'ers live and direct from the airplane about the ARSE in front of me reclining his seat fully so it's difficult to use my laptop. I'd be a little more understanding if this wasn't an hour and a half flight. Seriously, what an arse.

WiFi is free as well. Not terrible connection speeds (better than most train line WiFi services to be fair).
    Ask to move to another seat. I doubt the plane is full
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post

Maybe he his fed up with you watching pr0n and is trying to give you a hint to stop?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Ask to move to another seat. I doubt the plane is full
        You're right! But I'm in 2A and the free seats are a few rows behind. Besides, sometimes I'm happiest when I'm moaning. Talking of which, I'm going to crank up the volume on Redtube!!

Comment

I really absolutely hate those c*ntish passengers who recline all the way back as much as they can the instant they plop their fat arse on to the seat. No regard whatsoever to the fellow sitting behind. I remember on a flight that food was being served and the hostess saw the way the bum had reclined his seat in front of me and tried to get him to move forward and he had a go at her.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I really absolutely hate those c*ntish passengers who recline all the way back as much as they can the instant they plop their fat arse on to the seat. No regard whatsoever to the fellow sitting behind. I remember on a flight that food was being served and the hostess saw the way the bum had reclined his seat in front of me and tried to get him to move forward and he had a go at her.
            Do you recline your seat atall?

If the seats were not meant to be reclined they should be fixed surely?

I once flew Cisco to Hawaii. Someone objected to seat recliner in front. KIcked their chair. Stewardess could not calm it so called captain. Captain just listened to both then said "one more word from either of you and you will be arrested on landing" and walking off. Typical American coward with no balls.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Just keep hitting the seat in front (by accident) when they complain, just say sorry, there's not much room back here with your seat fully reclined so you will either have to put up with me accidentally hitting your seat, or return it to the upright position. smile when saying this and appear appologetic.
              If they don't return the seat to the upright position, getting up during the meal with a drink in your hand and accidentally dropping it down their neck can provide heaps of relief

I find that nudging/banging their seat usually work within 10 min's though (table down for leverage and hitting the edge of the table with your arm is best method)

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Just keep hitting the seat in front (by accident) when they complain, just say sorry, there's not much room back here with your seat fully reclined so you will either have to put up with me accidentally hitting your seat, or return it to the upright position. smile when saying this and appear appologetic.
                If they don't return the seat to the upright position, getting up during the meal with a drink in your hand and accidentally dropping it down their neck can provide heaps of relief

I find that nudging/banging their seat usually work within 10 min's though (table down for leverage and hitting the edge of the table with your arm is best method)
                I got negative rep and was called a weirdo for suggesting such actions in the past.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I got negative rep and was called a weirdo for suggesting such actions in the past.
                  True

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    If the seats were not meant to be reclined they should be fixed surely?
                    On Ryanair these days, they are fixed.

On the other hand, I believe if you get caught using one of these Knee Defender airlines take a very dim view indeed.

Interesting article here Your Knees, Their Seat - Discuss - NYTimes.com

Comment

Working...
                    X