• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Squelchers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squelchers

Another trip down memory lane...

As I was filling up the car this morning I was made mindful of the fact that the European Soccer championships are almost upon us and this got me thinking of football related trinkets that petrol stations used to dish out when you bought a gallon of four star.

I remember collecting badges of all the First Division teams and sticking them in an album. Then there was a series of coins you could collect and later a set of busts of the England squad.

But what really leapt out from some hitherto unread sector of my memory was Squelchers.

Does anyone remember Squelchers? They must have been from Esso because my old man always filled up at the Glasshouse Esso garage in Bath. Basically they were tiny booklets of pictures and facts on the star players of that year's (1970) World Cup.

As with all of these things you would end up with lots if duplicates but you would swap them for ones you didn't have with your pals in the schoolyard.

Anyone else remember Squelchers or am I showing my age?

I remember them well and had quite a few. I wonder if they are worth anything now?

Comment

I saw the thread heading "Squelchers" and thought this was going to be another classic cuk fem thread
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I remember them well and had quite a few. I wonder if they are worth anything now?
        The full set would probably be worth a few quid

Comment

Urban Dictionary: Squelching

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            banned at clientco.

can you give a flavour or do I have to look from home?

Comment

banned at clientco.

can you give a flavour or do I have to look from home?
              Don't look from home either
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Don't look from home either
                You forced me to look! So its the sound made during sex when things get very wet? Not a problem I have ever had! I knew there was a reason my idea of foreplay was saying "on your back love".

Comment

You forced me to look! So its the sound made during sex when things get very wet? Not a problem I have ever had! I knew there was a reason my idea of foreplay was saying "on your back love".
                  At least you called her "love". You obviously aren't Australian.

Comment

Not a vast amount judging by these EBay auctions....

Comment

Working...
                    X