• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear. NHS IT project abortion alert.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear. NHS IT project abortion alert.

Now you know where your taxes go.

Earlier versions "somewhat clunky" (????)
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Obvious thing is to pay EDS the billions owed, scrap it and then commission EDS to create new system (New Labour - New Systems) for a few billion more.

HTH

Comment

So true.

NHS are a nice cash provider though - I made an INSANE amount of money trashing their old Xenix systems and installing PCs and networks so this software can be run. Not only that it won't on half the old PCs because they're obsolete now. Brilliant - I can do it again!
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

"Doctors have called for a review into the £6.2bn NHS computer project, according to a survey by BBC News.

The IT upgrade aims to link up 30,000 GPs to nearly 300 hospitals in a radical overhaul of the NHS IT network."

So, lets see, a quick back of the envelope calculation and that is:

£6.2bn / 30,000 GPs = £206,000 per GP

What the f**k are they doing, handing out 24ct solid gold computers to everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
          [I]What the f**k are they doing, handing out 24ct solid gold computers to everyone?
          Nope they're paying people like me to install them
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

According to one of my neighbours, who is a practice manager, the whole thing is a pile of tulipe. Choose & Book doesn't work properly, and appointments are not confirmed until the last minute so people keep missing them (you're hardly going to take a day off for a tentative appointment are you?) What a waste of £6bn (so far anyway, it's anyone's guess as to how much the final bill is going to be).
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
            X