• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pigeons are thick...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigeons are thick...

Flying at full speed and wind assisted, the fricking thing has just flown in to my bedroom window. I now have a nice dust imprint of a bird shape.

I wouldnt mind, but it didnt even seem to dazed, it managed to change direction after hitting the window and fly off.

Scared the tulip out of me and the cat!
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Flying at full speed and wind assisted, the fricking thing has just flown in to my bedroom window. I now have a nice dust imprint of a bird shape.

I wouldnt mind, but it didnt even seem to dazed, it managed to change direction after hitting the window and fly off.

Scared the tulip out of me and the cat!
    Can you see a little catapult in your garden?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Pigeon pie?

one day at a time

Comment

It can be a bit annoying when their pavement anti-collision stratagem involves walking directly in your path. They come from the side and when they detect an imminent collision (often erroneously), they walk ahead of you, only to detect another imminent collision and then fly off.

Perhaps it's related to other flight animals who will do the same thing with cars and trains and often come off the worse for it.

Comment

Why are you in bed with the cat at lunchtime?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            It can be a bit annoying when their pavement anti-collision stratagem involves walking directly in your path. They come from the side and when they detect an imminent collision (often erroneously), they walk ahead of you, only to detect another imminent collision and then fly off.

Perhaps it's related to other flight animals who will do the same thing with cars and trains and often come off the worse for it.
            I hit a pigeon driving to work a while back. It was still dark. I saw a bird whoosh in front of my windscreen, but his wingmans (pardon the pun) flight-path intersected with my windscreen pillar.

I suppose the little rat was dead before it hit the floor. I was doing 70.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Why are you in bed with the catamite at lunchtime?
              FTFY
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Why are you in bed with the cat at lunchtime?
                I'm married, it's the nearest i get to some decent pussy...
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

oh dear....

Comment

Didn't know about the dust thing until I saw the picture below and seen a couple since...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X