• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Torch Relay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Torch Relay

I noticed from reading some local paper headlines in petrol stations on the way down to Cornwall the other day that this whole peoples olympics thing is a bit of a sham

Same thing seems to be happening in a number of places down here - nobody local will be taking part in the relay. People are getting parachuted in from some place else.

Same thing here in Frome - my girlfriend applied on behalf of her father who gives up a lot of his spare time for schoolboy sports & should be the perfect candidate if you believe all the bumf they put out to encourage people to apply - and some athletics club from Yorkshire is doing it.

Is this going on anywhere else?

Perhaps they think we'd turn up in smocks with bits of straw hanging out of our mouth or something

Never knew it was even happening; just checked and it's going past my house and favourite coffee shop.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's all a load of old bollocks. I even heard that the great Olympian David Beckham is going to be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        It's all a load of old bollocks. I even heard that the great Olympian David Beckham is going to be involved.
        On his tricycle with additional stablisers? Has Vicky let him out?
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

He's also going to be involved in the opening ceremony kicking footballs into the crowd from the top of an open deck double decker London bus.

At least you have to give them marks for originality.

Comment

Heard on the news earlier today that the plane from Greece is landing in Cornwall and then they are going to run around with the flame for 8,000 miles (or was it kilometres?) during the run up to the games.

Of course it's a fix, as anything kicked off by New Labour was bound to be. Those "in favour" would have bagged their places right at the beginning.
            Last edited by Sysman; 19 May 2012, 01:48.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Apparently it's Cornwalls biggest security operation since the great eclipse of '99. They have a helicopter and armed response deployed.

Comment

Wasn't he a big part of the bid? Or was that a football bid?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Wasn't he a big part of the bid? Or was that a football bid?
                  Both.
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

If I put the torch in a bucket of water can we call it all off?

Comment

Working...
                    X