• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for new socks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for new socks

I might try some non-cotton based socks next time, ones that cost more than £1 for 5. A wool blend more than likely. Perhaps then my feet won't smell so much and I won't be so blister-prone when on holiday.

What socks do you wear?

Bridgedale Merino Fusion Socks
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My socks have to be patterned and in pairs. If they are not in pairs I totally freak!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        What socks do you wear?
        Ones with holes in them normally. No matter how new they are or what they're made of.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I have several pairs of these. most comfortable I've ever worn

Bresciani Patterned Cotton and Silk-Blend Socks | MR PORTER
          Bresciani at MR PORTER
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

How long do expensive socks last? Ones that you wear at least once a week. Cheap ones last me about 6 months. The toes usually go first, with the big toe nail being a chief suspect, but as the sole is by then also on its last leg and the material thin, they aren't worth fixing.

Some nice suggestions, even if they cost almost as much as my upper limit for shoes.

Comment

How long do expensive socks last? Ones that you wear at least once a week. Cheap ones last me about 6 months. The toes usually go first, with the big toe nail being a chief suspect, but as the sole is by then also on its last leg and the material thin, they aren't worth fixing.

Some nice suggestions, even if they cost almost as much as my upper limit for shoes.
              I've had mine for 2 years, they were originally a gift but I bought a couple more pairs shortly after, but not at the prices shown (£12 a pair but that was 2 years ago). the soles on a couple are looking a bit sad but no holes, and I'm the worlds worst for walking around in socks. missus is always telling me to put slippers or something on
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                missus is always telling me to put steel toecaps on
                FTFY

Comment

I might try some non-cotton based socks next time, ones that cost more than £1 for 5. A wool blend more than likely. Perhaps then my feet won't smell so much and I won't be so blister-prone when on holiday.

What socks do you wear?
                  Can't you just darn the old ones some more, and boil them every now and then?

Think of that pound you'd save
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Kind of socks are not important - being clean is.

I wash my socks once a month whether they need them or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X