• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for new pox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for new pox

This is what the internet has to say:

A pox is a type of disease, often caused by an animal virus, characterised by pockmarks. The term may be used (in an archaic sense) to refer to disease.

Pox, as a disease, may refer to:

Poxviruses
    Smallpox, an infectious disease unique to humans, caused by either of two virus variants, Variola major and Variola minor
    Monkeypox, an exotic infectious disease caused by the monkeypox virus
    Black pox, a symptom of smallpox that is caused by bleeding under the skin which makes the skin look charred or black. It was more common in teenagers. This symptom usually indicates that a patient with smallpox is going to die
    Canarypox, an Avipoxvirus and etiologic agent of canarypox, a disease of wild and captive birds that can enter humans but is unable to survive or multiply in human cells.

Potyviridae, a family of plant viruses
    Plum pox, the most devastating viral disease of stone fruit from the genus Prunus

Herpes viruses
    Chickenpox, a highly contagious illness caused by primary infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV)
    Syphilis, a sexually transmitted disease caused by the spirochetal bacteria Treponema pallidum subspecies pallidum
    I've had chicken, but not any of the others. What would the panel recommend? Which have you had, how did you find it, and were there any long term benefits?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

I love the idea that nowadays we can tell you the dna and the origin of all these horrible nasties.
    and most of them seem to be due to bugs in the system

makes me seem sort of useful really
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I don't like the idea of Plum Pox. If that jumped to humans .....

Comment

Working...
      X