• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do some of us take posts in general so seriously?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do some of us take posts in general so seriously?

It appears that some of us get so wrapped up in threads that it actually affects our social skills, causing uncalled for personal attacks on other posters, Foul languaged diatribes and the acrimonious or invective haranguing of posters with apposing views.

I myself have been guilty of this on 2 occasions in the past 4-5 years, although I usually resort to something a little more subtle in retort.

I will admit that a good proportion of my posts are deliberately set to wind up people who I find are getting far too intense or pedantic on a subject (Sometimes I even have to google a response if I don't know enough on the subject). what surprises me though, is how seriously some people (Quite a few) take opposition to their points of view.

I do, I admit find it quietly ammusing but on occasion I feel guilty for exploiting some peoples weaknesses, or driving a wedge into peoples beliefs, and knowing that this must have a personal cost to those posters with regard to their feelings, I would Like to appologise to one and all for any and all those posts that have upset people.

Please take posts with a pinch of salt, don't get too involved, and most of all. Remain Calm and don't take life so seriously. Remember, what you post on here has little chance of changing society for better or worse. People mostly don't care
    Confusion is a natural state of being

But what if someones wrong on the internet ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      But what if someones wrong on the internet ?
      There is no internet, only cuk (The Matrix)

The first rule of cuk is: You do not talk about cuk. The second rule of cuk is: You do not talk about cuk. Third rule of cuk: someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: no swearing, no personal attacks, handbags only. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at cuk, you have to fight.

What happens on here, stays on here
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Coffee's for closers

Comment

It puzzles me why people flounce when a moderator gives them an infraction.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            I would Like to appologise to one and all for any and all those posts that have upset people.

Someone has offered an apology in General!

Ban him! Ban him! Ban him!

Comment

I am apoplectic. It will take me at least 3 days to calm down before I can explain in words you can understand why this thread is so wrong.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Please take posts with a pinch of salt
                Including that one?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Including that one?
                  I'm offended!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    I'm offended!
                    Well someone has to be. Isn't that one of the rules of general?

Another of the rules is "Brillo regularly lies". Of course you are one of the few who know the truth so no spilling the beans!

Comment

Working...
                    X