• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrr some twunt has stole my number plates.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrr some twunt has stole my number plates.

Just got back from a week in the sun yesterday and this morning my wife is waved at by some driver to tell her there are no plates on the back of the car.

She checks and there isn't one on the front either.

Thieving scum.

All reported and the number is flagged on the PNC, warned the wife she may get pulled over.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Interesting to see what comes through the post. Last September I made a huge mistake of selling a car at auction rather than scrapping it. Got about the same money. I told DVLA immediately but I still got a drive off without paying for petrol and a parking offence. BIth cancelled - but its still annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Interesting to see what comes through the post. Last September I made a huge mistake of selling a car at auction rather than scrapping it. Got about the same money. I told DVLA immediately but I still got a drive off without paying for petrol and a parking offence. BIth cancelled - but its still annoying.
      Could have been worse.

The car could have been used in a ram-raid or as a getaway vehicle.

Mr Gonzo senior received a visit from the police a couple of years ago after a car with his registration plates was used in a ram-raid. The police didn't think that it was likely to be him but they had to check.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Just got back from a week in the sun yesterday and this morning my wife is waved at by some driver to tell her there are no plates on the back of the car.

Thieving scum.

All reported and the number is flagged on the PNC, warned the wife she may get pulled over.

Where on earth did you park the car??

These airport parking companies are supposed to be secure!
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Where on earth did you park the car??

These airport parking companies are supposed to be secure!
          It was outside our house, not the airport.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Had a similar isue a few years back, sold the car at auction and within a month was called by the Police in Wales saying there was some dodgy builder taking deposits and not doing any work.

Luckily had all the paperwork from the auction house and the DVLA saying I was no longer the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              Could have been worse.

The car could have been used in a ram-raid or as a getaway vehicle.

Mr Gonzo senior received a visit from the police a couple of years ago after a car with his registration plates was used in a ram-raid. The police didn't think that it was likely to be him but they had to check.
              Thats exactly what happened to me, number plates were taken off the car one night so i reports it to plod they advised we may get stopped when we replace the plates as they will come up stolen on the ANPR (no prob with that) then a couple of hours later a neighbour spots the plates (personal reg) on a car in the next street, the car was stolen and had been used in a ram raid on the local shop then they dumped it.

I spoke to scenes of crime when they came to get the finger prints and they gave me my plates back.

Comment

Thieving scum.

This happens when you live in a caravan park.
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

It was outside our house, not the airport.
                  Bloody hell, nowhere's safe these days...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I saw you in North Wales this weekend Scraggy and you didn't wave you ignorant git. Didn't think contractors drove rusty Toyota Carina's though.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X