• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Yes thank you. Apart from the fact that Junior has caught a cold at nursery and was awake most of last night, consequently so were we.

He sneezed on me last night as I was holding him. The little f*cker nearly drowned me!

Still, it's like a right of passage seeing your own son with parallel trails of snot coming out of his nose.

How's your perineum? Glowing I hope.

Comment

Indeed, very nice. Mastered the Spaghetti Western hit "Guns Don't Argue", and spent a couple of hours lazing at the local outdoor swimming pool.

Guns don't arguel
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Aye not bad, I decide to explore Zurich yesterday nothing much here opens on Sunday at all. The weather was decent and parts of the city are really nice but I'm surprised by the amount of graffiti they have here.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Went to stay with a friend, I had planned to spent the bank holiday weekend but plans got changed.

Came to work this morning thinking it was Tuesday
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Still, it's like a right of passage seeing your own son with parallel trails of snot coming out of his nose.
            yes. you have to get that, projectile vomiting and being told something really embarrassing (once we were in communal changing at swimming pool when elder BP lad SHOUTED "Daddy what a big willy you have got" ) then comes the teen years where you get sulked at for a while.

Last week the (single) woman who sat next to me asked "How nice is it when your kids say thank you?" I have hardly stopped laughing since.....

Comment

Yes thanks BP had a great weekend.

Went out on Saturday night into Bath for a meal in a newish restaurant
              that has opened in Walcott Street.

Both had steaks washed down with a nice bottle of Malbec and a warm
              cricket salad as a starter.

Rest of the weekend I spent continuing work on my new summerhouse
              installation. *

I've created a terrace of raised beds leading up to the new oil tank and
              the focus of this weekend's
              activities has been the soft landscaping of these beds.

At the top, to screen the tank, I've put in an apple espalier Malus
              Domestica
              "Cox's Orange Pippin" which promises to crop heavily within a couple of years.

For a quick and easy profusion of colour, I've planted a load of
              seedlings that have spent the past 6 weeks or so in the greenhouse.

This is a mixture of night scented stock, lobelia cardenalis and
              nastertium. *

The reds of the lobelia and nastertium will contrast nicely with the
              nodding heads of the stocks which will
              hopefully add a fragrant element to balmy summer evenings sat outside
              the summerhouse.

Comment

Great weekend, really excellent weekend. 2 long bike rides with the kids, one long walk with a friend and a half case of Borolo. This country is bloody marvelous when the sun shines. Bloody marvelous

Comment

Spent yesterday afternoon stood in the slips next to the vicar

Got a very sore right index finger.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

This is a mixture of night scented stock, lobelia cardenalis and
                    nastertium. *
                    Thank You! we have been trying to remember the name of the plants that were in our garden 2 houses ago. they smelled fantastic and filled the whole garden with scent.

Now I can plant some here.

Cheers
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X